it never rains

Tom270

Well its pouring now.
The dog has a complete rupture of his cruciate ligament and going for surgery on Thursday. Yesterday mum fell over inspecting the tyres on the car and broke her hip, surgery this morning. As things come in three's seriously thinking of deciding on anaesthetic of choice.
Tom

Well its pouring now.
The dog has a complete rupture of his cruciate ligament and going for surgery on Thursday. Yesterday mum fell over inspecting the tyres on the car and broke her hip, surgery this morning. As things come in three's seriously thinking of deciding on anaesthetic of choice.
Tom
I feel for you hope all goes we'll with mothers hip op and the dog on Thursday keep your chin up high you will get through this best of luck
DJC

Well its pouring now.
Tom

ONE glass of BRANDY comes to mind, ''chin up'' Tom ,, up and onward :british:

This is where when things happen for whatever reason ... You can dig deep realise it is what it is & take deep breath & say right ... Let's deal with this
Or
Can sit and lament how hard done by you are ....

I've been low at various points in time for whatever reason but you hear or see someone who worse off & realise you have nothing coming over you .

Time to sit have that brandy , whisky. Or whatever , take a deep breath & plod on mucker.

2 types of people in the world ... I'm guessing your the type to deal & get on with it

Hope yer mum n dog have as much as possible a stress free recovery

A'the best
Paul

Thanks for the good wishes. Mum doing very well, operation went well and in good spirits today.
Get dog sorted on Thursday.

Glad to hear your Mum's doing well. What's the vet saying about your pups working future? Good news, I hope?

Mum broke her hip and was up and at them after three days.Dog did cruciate ligament and was out of action for six months - got him fully fit and working again for a season only to have him have to have both elbows operated on for displasia just before the beginning of this season. He is back to fullfitness now. It all gets better in the end!

Thanks again for the good wishes, told mum today people she has never met wish her well, told the dog but not sure he cares to be honest :)
Mum at 84 is doing great. Moved to local hospital starts physio in the morning.
Sams surgery went well, he is at the start of a long period of recouperation. He's not keen on the buster collar but tolerates it ok. I cut up several knee elastoplast tonight and dressed the wound which is much better. Bandages slip down and the collar inside is impossible as he hits everything with it. So we getting there.

16 months on from my original post and glad to say all is well. Mum now 86 is getting around without a stick as well as ever, the dog broke his crutiate repair and had it repaired again by our great local vet and has been fully fit and back working for several months. Again thanks for the good wishes

Glad to hear it and I can understand a bit of how you felt. Lost my dog on the 13th of last month. He suddenly had a huge seizure or fit early hours of the morning followed by 3 more and he didn't make it. He was only 12. As for mother well she can walk reasonably her main problem now is that she is nearly blind.

ONE glass of BRANDY comes to mind, ''chin up'' Tom ,, up and onward :british:

Don't even think about it Tom mate! By the sound of things at the moment it would be your luck to fall over and break your hip too, or get breathalised!
Seriously though, I wish your Mum well and hope she has a speedy recovery.
And of course the same for your dog!
Chin up mate and try to do what I do if things start to get me down a little - Look around and you will see people who are a lot worse off than you and (Quite often) they are still smiling!

Back