Thread: A Low High Seat

A Low High Seat

Using estate high seats prompted me to make my own high seats this summer to suit how I like to shoot, however I have found with all the free standing ones I have sat in the front bar is always too low even fully adjusted...
    Other people who have shot from them found the same, as I had a trip coming up my solution to the problem would get a good test...
    Shot placement is critical and previously I had found my self shrinking into the seat whilst leaning over the stock to acquire the shot...I did work but not ideal...
    The pole was in the rifle slip, with the clamps, net in my ruck sack, it took just under 3 minuet's to set up even at 6am in the dark
    The net hung past my feet thus very good for sitting out in the day time as it just adds good coverage of your legs.
    This lad was one of 8 a mate and I shot on tue/wen, he went 59 kg and was out at 165 yards which is a long drag on your own!!..my mod worked a treat...
    http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps47081441.jpg

Tim.243

Great idea Tim. I've not used a high seat yet but having to screw oneself into a ball to get behind the rifle isn't exactly appealing. Why on earth do they not make high seat bars higher in the first place? Nice animal too, looks in superb shape. A few more appearing on the land now?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tjm160 View Post
    Great idea Tim. I've not used a high seat yet but having to screw oneself into a ball to get behind the rifle isn't exactly appealing. Why on earth do they not make high seat bars higher in the first place? Nice animal too, looks in superb shape. A few more appearing on the land now?
    Hi Tim, this is an estate I go to twice in the season, why people make seats like it I have no idea...
    They are a nice seat, just too low on the front which could be fixed with a bit more thought.

Tim.243