Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Chargemaster 1500

  1. #1

    Chargemaster 1500

    Anybody have any experience with the rcbs charge master 1500 combined unit,thinking of getting one but I am hearing some horror stories,about not settling down before use apparently you need to switch them on first and leave the room to settle down,and no good for ball powders like h-380,and a lot of units being returned for being faulty,

  2. #2
    Mine has been spot on, one of the best buys Ive made
    ...................................
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

  3. #3
    Bk have you had any problems with constant charges or overthrowing charges

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    Mine has been spot on, one of the best buys Ive made
    I can second this, had mine for some time now and never had a problem, touch wood!
    Got mine from the states via ebay, even with customs charge it was far cheaper than sold anywhere in thE UK
    Cheers
    Richard

  5. #5
    Thanks Richard good to hear that all the horrors are not true then,the chap I was talking to said he had one of the earlier ones,they must have improved since then

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason308250 View Post
    Bk have you had any problems with constant charges or overthrowing charges
    No but you need a level stable spot for it. It doesnt like bouncy floorboards
    ...................................
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

  7. #7
    Thanks bk I have a loading bench it needs 4 to lift it it is solid oak,thanks 4 the tip

  8. #8
    SD Regular NorthDorset's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dorset/Somerset/Wilts Border
    Posts
    1,528
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm about a year into my relationship with mine. I'm contemplating proposing to her. I do love her.

    Actually, If it could tell jokes and drink beer I wouldn't need any other friends!

    Got to go along with BK though the bench needs to be stable. You will end up seating a bullet while it dispenses the next charge and the movement on the bench from your press risks putting off its throw. However on the upside I don't find that cold, drafts and fluorescent lights affect it like cheap digital scales so its really only the stability of the bench that's got to be dealt with.

    Its not a big package but it does take up a bit of bench space.

    In saying this I do feel I'm being a little unfaithful to her. I will go and buy flowers.

    Other than my Dillon its the best reloading purchase I have made. Yes its an investment but if you shoot a lot its a damn good one.

    Oh one other thing. Before you pour a can of powder in make sure the powder drain is shut.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

    We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

  9. #9
    i had the scale part without the thrower on top and it was a pain in the arse it kept lossing its zero after about 6 uses you would return the pan and it would read -0.01 weigh out another 6 or 7 loads and it would drop another 0.01 you had to keep re-setting it and in the end i totaly lost trust in it and bought a normal set of rcbs balance scales which were great

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    I'm about a year into my relationship with mine. I'm contemplating proposing to her. I do love her.

    Actually, If it could tell jokes and drink beer I wouldn't need any other friends!

    Got to go along with BK though the bench needs to be stable. You will end up seating a bullet while it dispenses the next charge and the movement on the bench from your press risks putting off its throw. However on the upside I don't find that cold, drafts and fluorescent lights affect it like cheap digital scales so its really only the stability of the bench that's got to be dealt with.

    Its not a big package but it does take up a bit of bench space.

    In saying this I do feel I'm being a little unfaithful to her. I will go and buy flowers.

    Other than my Dillon its the best reloading purchase I have made. Yes its an investment but if you shoot a lot its a damn good one.

    Oh one other thing. Before you pour a can of powder in make sure the powder drain is shut.
    +1 on this

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted RCBS Chargemaster 1500 or Hornady Lock n Load Auto
    By Roebuck243 in forum Reloading
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 09:48
  2. Chargemaster Query
    By bk in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 19:19
  3. Rcbs Chargemaster combo
    By 270TOMMY in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 16:15
  4. Rcbs chargemaster
    By TotalNovice in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-11-2011, 18:47
  5. Wanted RCBS Chargemaster......
    By Eyefor in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 08:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •