Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chargemaster 1500

Chargemaster 1500

Anybody have any experience with the rcbs charge master 1500 combined unit,thinking of getting one but I am hearing some horror stories,about not settling down before use apparently you need to switch them on first and leave the room to settle down,and no good for ball powders like h-380,and a lot of units being returned for being faulty,

Mine has been spot on, one of the best buys Ive made
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Bk have you had any problems with constant charges or overthrowing charges

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    Mine has been spot on, one of the best buys Ive made
    I can second this, had mine for some time now and never had a problem, touch wood!
    Got mine from the states via ebay, even with customs charge it was far cheaper than sold anywhere in thE UK
    Cheers
    Richard

Thanks Richard good to hear that all the horrors are not true then,the chap I was talking to said he had one of the earlier ones,they must have improved since then

Quote Originally Posted by Jason308250 View Post
    Bk have you had any problems with constant charges or overthrowing charges
    No but you need a level stable spot for it. It doesnt like bouncy floorboards
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Thanks bk I have a loading bench it needs 4 to lift it it is solid oak,thanks 4 the tip

Blog Entries
    I'm about a year into my relationship with mine. I'm contemplating proposing to her. I do love her.

Actually, If it could tell jokes and drink beer I wouldn't need any other friends!

Got to go along with BK though the bench needs to be stable. You will end up seating a bullet while it dispenses the next charge and the movement on the bench from your press risks putting off its throw. However on the upside I don't find that cold, drafts and fluorescent lights affect it like cheap digital scales so its really only the stability of the bench that's got to be dealt with.

Its not a big package but it does take up a bit of bench space.

In saying this I do feel I'm being a little unfaithful to her. I will go and buy flowers.

Other than my Dillon its the best reloading purchase I have made. Yes its an investment but if you shoot a lot its a damn good one.

Oh one other thing. Before you pour a can of powder in make sure the powder drain is shut.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

i had the scale part without the thrower on top and it was a pain in the arse it kept lossing its zero after about 6 uses you would return the pan and it would read -0.01 weigh out another 6 or 7 loads and it would drop another 0.01 you had to keep re-setting it and in the end i totaly lost trust in it and bought a normal set of rcbs balance scales which were great

Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    I'm about a year into my relationship with mine. I'm contemplating proposing to her. I do love her.

Actually, If it could tell jokes and drink beer I wouldn't need any other friends!

Got to go along with BK though the bench needs to be stable. You will end up seating a bullet while it dispenses the next charge and the movement on the bench from your press risks putting off its throw. However on the upside I don't find that cold, drafts and fluorescent lights affect it like cheap digital scales so its really only the stability of the bench that's got to be dealt with.

Its not a big package but it does take up a bit of bench space.

In saying this I do feel I'm being a little unfaithful to her. I will go and buy flowers.

Other than my Dillon its the best reloading purchase I have made. Yes its an investment but if you shoot a lot its a damn good one.

Oh one other thing. Before you pour a can of powder in make sure the powder drain is shut.
    +1 on this