Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with BASC?!

What is wrong with BASC?!

A couple of posts have instigated this thread so what I thought would be interesting is to see what peoples objections/views are on BASC.

It would be very easy for many of us to write great essays on the failings of any large organisation but to keep it simple bullet points of your views would keep it clear and concise.

Maybe then BASC could answer?

Just recently they have amalgamated my region into 'central region', this is a pain as things now seem much less locally organised.how about giving us our smaller regions back with more local representation and organisation.

also the amalgamation of deer with game departments seems to be just a cost saving exercise that I fail to see any benefit coming from. how about a dedicated and destinct deer department like we had until recently.

also not impressed by their 'just go along with it' attitude to the recent crimestoppers phone line and inspections fiasco. I think basc made a mis-calculation on this one and did well to jump on the coat-tails of CA affect they had already sorted it! More consultation with the membership before making concessions on issues which affect us would be a possible solution here.
    Last edited by palmer_mike; 18-11-2014 at 14:22.

I'll start - no I've been beaten to it!

- Why is BASC seemingly steering us away from lead shot and lead bullets when there is no sound evidence to suggest lead ammunition is poisoning the human or animal population?

To paraphrase taff
    BASC , really, didn,t support the marches, missed the boat with the right of entry, gave up our pistols without a fight, slatted the NGO on there national pigeon day, brought in the profit making Dsc (I,m a deer manager cert, " o can I have a rifle now please officer"),
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Do we really need another negatively biased thread about BASC? It seems a bit off inviting only negative views, especially as most of them have already been aired.... over and over again....

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Do we really need another negatively biased thread about BASC? It seems a bit off inviting only negative views, especially as most of them have already been aired.... over and over again....

Alex
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Good points, they contribute to this site, with some useful info.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post

Alex
    Perhaps basc should do something sbout it then Alex ? Maybe sort thier act out then people would praise them rather than negativity ?
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Perhaps basc should do something sbout it then Alex ? Maybe sort thier act out then people would praise them rather than negativity ?
    Some people seem fixated on the negative no matter what they do and won't ever be satisfied. It seems like many of the other shooting organisations which do little in comparison get off scot free.

Why aren't there "What's wrong with <insert every other organisation>?" threads?

It's because BASC are the de facto shooting organisation. They got that way because of things they did right. Sure, they are not perfect and they have dropped some right clangers which people will remember and trot out on here for infinity ever after but... they interact with shooters, they even have a presence on here and spend considerable time interacting with people on here who aren't members and who will never be members. They are more involved with deer stalking than ever before.

Where are the other shooting organisations?

If you think things need to change then get involved and change them. You can't just pay a membership fee and expect the world to end up how you want it. It doesn't work that way with BASC and it doesn't work that way with ANY organisation.

Alex