Thread: I think I'm gonna be sick.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

I think I'm gonna be sick.

Make sure you put it on full screen mode.

“Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Couldn't pay me enough.

I find the newer roller coasters are so smooth and well engineered they just fel too safe and not that scary, however, when the travelling fun fair arrives in town and you go on the Waltzers and see that one half the ride is propped up on some old house bricks and it's being controlled by a man in a vest with less teeth than a parrot then that's real fear!

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    I find the newer roller coasters are so smooth and well engineered they just fel too safe and not that scary, however, when the travelling fun fair arrives in town and you go on the Waltzers and see that one half the ride is propped up on some old house bricks and it's being controlled by a man in a vest with less teeth than a parrot then that's real fear!
    We (I) actually have quite a lot to do with funfairs through work, we make the roof tilts (covers), car covers, night covers etc. I think you'll maybe find the waltzers are on blocks of timber, usually lengths of railway sleeper. They held trains up for 200 years so should manage a fairground ride for a few hours

I remember the crazy mouse one in Weymouth car park.Last one I ever went on

I worked on a travelling fairground when on a year out in Australia
    opened my eyes!

I was a rigger on a portable roller coaster

once after a fair we were closing down and while up top waiting for a crane hook to come in I watched as one of those vertical drop tower type rides tipped over and smashed into the ground!!!

scary stuff!