JobVacancy

I was getting paid that much 20 years ago with my first full time keepering job, nice to see some places stay in the past.
It would be a cracking job for a young lad with no ties, but not many very experience guys out there would go for a job paying that little, better earning a decent crust and stalking for a hobby.

For some that's a job of a life time no mortgage no dog food bills.There will be certainly a few kick back and the fact that you will never need to work again. If my roots were not firmly set down i would have applied

For some that's a job of a life time no mortgage no dog food bills.There will be certainly a few kick back and the fact that you will never need to work again. If my roots were not firmly set down i would have applied

I hate to break your wee dream of the perfect Highland life amid the deer, but being a stalker or ghillie is bloody hard work in all weathers. The fairy tale doesn't last long. I was ghillieing and then stalking for more than that 15 years ago and if it hadn't been for out of season forestry culling work, foxing and having my own sheep I would have struggled. It's a pish salary, but some keen fellow will go for it.

Have you had a look to see what the other jobs advertised are being paid ,well lets just say the stalkers job is the worst paid by a long shot and then sum .

The thing about the job is your up for all the utility bills and council tax on £1000.00= per month theres also no vehicle spoken of with the job .

There looking for an apprentice most certainly not a family man .

There also looking for all the certification already in place, so if your not well versed in the larder work , with pony extraction and everything else your no even in with a shout .

The job is a joke in so many ways .

Very poor pay, I was getting that much twenty years ago with better perks, but know doubt they will fill it as there are more qualified men than there are jobs to go round.

They pay the council tax and it is a family home on offer. 40 usually mon to friday but time off in leau when working antisocial hours, Full description in the doc files on the right hand side. you pay utes though. A good wage for the labouring classes. 4k a year more for the housemaid. Mind you free house and council tax adds another £5k Safety clothing etc will be thrown in so it is not that poorly paid. Depends on the tips and sidies.
Jim

I know the job

40hrs give me a break, if you were to get it in leiu [discressionary] you'd never work!!!!!

It is not a labouring job. how many labourers are educated to hnd level and have the tickets required[dsc1&2, etc] as well as being police vetted.

If you have a familly your wage will be made up in tax credits, but in this day in age it is an absolute disgrace that a well qualified worker should rely in government handouts to feed his familly. This is NTS not some old estate stuck in the victorian age. They are the ones pushing the modern estate approach.

I would expect to pay an under keeper/stalker - £16k , all utilities including heating, rates, discretionary use of vehicle, ppe[including tweeds,boots and good quality wateproofs] and dog allowance as well as supply firearms, optics,ammo and service all private firearms annually & pay for all fc/sgc expenses, SGA membership,

ROFL3.gif

Someone had to bite.
I did point out the other jobs advertised were 4k higher and rising,
Do they still have the agricultural working wage structures or is that now history,
Jim

hook, line and sinker, ya b****r

As far as I know Agri wage structure is still in place but outdated, no one really uses it now [I HOPE]

hook, line and sinker, ya b****r

As far as I know Agri wage structure is still in place but outdated, no one really uses it now [I HOPE]

aha..ok...well then I'm a wee trout hanging off the dropper fly if Bambi's on the point. Jim I should have guessed you were casting for a (****)take :)

Back