Thread: Norma - changing certain rounds - .308 150g Nosler BST's ?!?

Norma - changing certain rounds - .308 150g Nosler BST's ?!?

Hi all

So what has anyone heard regards Norma ammunition?

I have to admit I really do like Norma they provide quality consistant rounds and there my prefered factory choice. However supply has become a little hit and miss. I was down to my last few rounds a month ago and popped into my local gun shop to be told they dont have any but do have some on back order and its expected in a months time but there having problems with supply. I rang around all the gun shops in the south of england trying to find .308 150g Nosler BST's and it was like rocking horse poo! In the end I managed to tracked down two boxes from a shop a little way away..... Anyway yesterday I rang my local gun shop to check on stock, luckerly they had just got a delivery in so off I went. I was told that Norma are having problems with there supplier of the nosler heads hence the erratic supply... Due to the supply issues Norma are going to stop that particular round evidently! Not great seeing Ive just invested in a Swaro personalized ballistic cam for that exact round..... Im sure Norma will develop a very similar bullet but im a little peeved! The long and the short of it is that I bought the remaining stock that the gun shop had in...

Say it aint so!

Federal 150gr BSTs are effectively identical - I can use them interchangeably with Normas in my .308.

IMO any supply issues with Norma components, ammunition or otherwise is almost always down to the UK distributor and the fact that sporting supplies barely register compared to their wider business interest

contact Norma if you want horse's mouth info
    local shops will be the last to know and often have numerous stories as to why they can't get anything

I was told categorically that there was no VV powder of a particular type in the UK
    Rang Hannams .."oh we have 35kg of it sitting here"!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Say it aint so!

Federal 150gr BSTs are effectively identical - I can use them interchangeably with Normas in my .308.
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    IMO any supply issues with Norma components, ammunition or otherwise is almost always down to the UK distributor and the fact that sporting supplies barely register compared to their wider business interest

contact Norma if you want horse's mouth info
    local shops will be the last to know and often have numerous stories as to why they can't get anything

I was told categorically that there was no VV powder of a particular type in the UK
    Rang Hannams .."oh we have 35kg of it sitting here"!

Mungo - Interesting that about the Federal I'll have to try some, there a bit cheaper aswell...

Bewsher500 - I believe the UK importer in RUAG so I'll get on to them and get it from the horses mouth like you say.

Cheers for the input lads.

WH

I'm backing up Mungo's comments.....

Well...

Ive got it from the horses mouth - well RUAG's Managing Director.

Yes its true this bullet is to be phased out in 2015 due to supply issues from the states. Norma intend to make all there rounds in house avoiding the supply issues all together. Im not sure if there will be changes to any other bullets, as i only enquired about the .308 150g Nosler.

Maybe time to try a box of Federal then like you say Mungo...

WH