Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many guns in a cabinet?

How many guns in a cabinet?

Does anybody know the laws on how many guns you can in your cabinet? I.e is 5 guns in a 4 gun cabinet allowed as long as they fit in there?
    many thanks

How about a little introduction as per the site rules.......? Might not go amiss.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Hi I'm sorry im new too all this forum stuff and did not realise!! I'm very keen into my shooting and have been brought up shooting. Live in somerset. My favourite shooting is stalking and duck flighting. Am also a keen fisherman and have fished for England on many occasions one of which was when I was captain of the England youth world squad in Czech republic. So if anyone out there is also into fishing it would be good to get to know you so maybe we could 'catch' (sorry for the
    pun!) up and organise a fishing a stalking weekend between us.
    cheers

Welcome! In answer to your question, technically I doubt there is a limit, but I guess if the police know you have a 3 gun cabinet and you claim to have 15 guns all store securely, they may question your facilities and pay you a visit.... I've had more than the prescribed amount of guns in a cabinet perfectly safely, but more often than not, especially with rifles, you can't fit as many as they claim in anyway (at least not easily and without risking damage)
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

my FLO doesn't like it if there's more guns in the cabinet than it should hold ie 4 in a 3 gun cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5rem700 View Post
    my FLO doesn't like it if there's more guns in the cabinet than it should hold ie 4 in a 3 gun cabinet
    I've heard of this phenomenon in some places, but as long as you can get the door shut and locked, I can't see that what the FEO likes or not should be a particular concern to anyone enforcing the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    I've heard of this phenomenon in some places, but as long as you can get the door shut and locked, I can't see that what the FEO likes or not should be a particular concern to anyone enforcing the law.
    As above ^
    My FEO is quite happy provided I can shut the door! Can stack them nose to tail if you like!
    I have a 3 gun cabinet, and also a small 2 gun breakdown cabinet used mostly for ammo and bolt storage, and I fit in 2 scoped rifles and 5 shotguns.

In Hampshire been told you have to have the right cabinet for the amount of guns.
    Wont let you top and tail them to get them in.

Quote Originally Posted by G1963 View Post
    In Hampshire been told you have to have the right cabinet for the amount of guns.
    Wont let you top and tail them to get them in.
    WHY? Whats the logic behind this thinking.
    Adequate security should be their concern not any damage that you may cause to your property wedging them in. Does a 7 gun cabinet offer any greater degree of security than say a 4 gun cabinet.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.