Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fancy treating myself..

I fancy treating myself..

After a year to forget i fancy a weekend away. A different place and faces. Walked up woodcock or duck or goose or even a stalk. A good dog friendly place to stay that has all the creature comforts at a reasonable cost would be magical.
    Where could you recommend please?

Mal Kempson's a good bloke. Really good goose shooting near Loch Leven. The Well Inn in Scotlandwell's a great place to stay, too. And not a million miles from you, either

Inland Goose Shooting Vacancies

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Given your liking for incredibly expensive things, how about Fallow stalking in Barbuda next to Antigua.
    Relax on the beach in the day, stalk Fallow in the evening.
    The deer were brought there from the UK many years ago and still survive. Just make sure you give the meat to the locals.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Solway stalker no need to give the reasons sure he could sort near enough anything your heart desired rd and a lot of folk on here are satisfied customers and count Colin as a mate
    roe red goat boar salmon sea trout ................?
    Norma

Was with Colin a few weeks back and can definitely agree with Norma 308. I stayed in the local pub up near some of Colins ground. Dog friendly, reasonably priced and good food.
    All the best.

James

All great suggestions guys but i need the tingle back.. i hope you understand?

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    I fear that the "tingle" you speak of cannot be bought.
    I suspect that it is the feeling after a long protracted stalk of fish, fur or feather.
    To pit yourself against a wild animal in its environment and to triumph.

I wish you well in your search
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

http://www.orkneyshootingholidays.com/index.php

Had an excellent break with these a couple of years back. It is a long trek, obviously encompassing a wee trip on the high seas for some geese. But that's the thing. Once there, there's no backing out on an island whose goose population way outstrips the humans. Geese in the morning, evening duck flights if you want and if you ask nicely and bring along a rimfire, maybe some surprising rabbit control on an island that has no foxes! I saw a pod of killer whales whilst on the boat, sailed majestically past the Old Man of Hoy and stared in awe at Scapa Flow, the previous home of the British Grand Fleet and where 52 interned German battleships were scuttled after the Great War ordered by the German Admiral there.

The above sounds good.
    Nothing like the sound of a skein of geese overhead and being in the right place.Dawn and dusk there would be fantastic.
    I reckon the journey would be worth it RD.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"