Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update for the firing squad

Update for the firing squad

An update from this incident

Police accidental discharge
    News just breaking

BBC News - Nottinghamshire girl hurt in police gun accident

For all those about to lock up the officer and throw away the key I believe from my sourse that:-

1. This was not an ND
    2. The weapon was loaded with a blank
    3. It was deliberately fired, muzzle pointing to the floor in a firearms / dog training demonstration exercise
    4. All spectators were wearing adequate PPE, (eye & ear protection)
    5. The injury - well I don't think an ambulance was needed
    Wingy
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

Well if the police were more open in the first place, there would never have been a issue, I no there damned if they do, and damned if they don,t, after all from what I have read it was there statement that said there had been a accidental discharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Well if the police were more open in the first place, there would never have been a issue, I no there damned if they do, and damned if they don,t, after all from what I have read it was there statement that said there had been a accidental discharge.

The police don't comment about anything until the facts are known unlike the media (and a lot of members on here) which usually means by the time the truth comes out everyone has lost interest and the damage is done. Maybe some of the most vocal members who slated the officer for having an ND would like to comment now?

Or in twenty years time when the cover up has been discovered but all relevant parties have retired on a good pension ....... just saying like, not suggesting it would happen ?

Interesting development! I read the original thread with some interest but tend to take most media reports with a pinch of salt. Looks like this one needed a very large pinch. Although. Having used blanks pretty extensively, I can't really see how much damage was done? The children had to be a fair distance away? Was it an ejecting case? If the weapon was fired at the ground there may have been some blast I suppose but was this enough to cause a small amount of debris to fly through the air!?

From the sounds of it my daughter falling over in the playground and grazing her knees today was far worse an injury by comparison but because there was a firearm involved it has been blown out of all proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    An update from this incident

Police accidental discharge
    News just breaking

BBC News - Nottinghamshire girl hurt in police gun accident

For all those about to lock up the officer and throw away the key I believe from my sourse that:-

1. This was not an ND
    2. The weapon was loaded with a blank
    3. It was deliberately fired, muzzle pointing to the floor in a firearms / dog training demonstration exercise
    4. All spectators were wearing adequate PPE, (eye & ear protection)
    5. The injury - well I don't think an ambulance was needed
    Wingy
    is there a link you can post to this new information, it would be interesting to read it first-hand

What was the original story?

In all honesty from what I can make out it was an ejecting case that caused a minor injury to the girls lip. If the young girl is anything like my daughter was it's unlikely they would see the mark amongst all the other bumps and scratches

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Still leaves the question in my mind as to why a starter pistol wasn't used if this was a demonstration?

One set of rules for them, and another for the rest of us, hey?

A lot of fuss over nothing. I'm sure the police adhered to the correct safetey distance. Sometimes accidents just happen. It is a bad sign of our current culture to immediateley seek to blame the police officer.