Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New boots

New boots

In the market for new boots but undecided meindl antarkis or black islander high leg or hanwag trapper high leg , can any of the members help me out on information about these boots ( any good) thanks

Do a search on the SD forum posts. There have been a lot of boot discussions in the last few weeks and months.

I currently (for the last two seasons) have Meindl Dovre extreme. Previously I had le Chameau mouflon plus which lasted seven seasons beating two or three times a week. Both extremely comfortable and I can recommend.

Many on on here have been singing the praises of the ex army extreme cold conditions goretex boots. Which are available for 65 new/unissued or less than 40 grade 1 issued. I will try a pair of these later on this season to wear alternately with my Meindls. The source of the army boots is military surplus.co .uk or similar. You will find it on one of the recent boot threads here.

Alan

Just sent my order and feet patterns to the US for a pair of these and with Turtleskin Snake Armour:

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Just sent my order and feet patterns to the US for a pair of these and with Turtleskin Snake Armour:

K
    Those must be for the pub

Only 2 real choices......Meindl and Meindl.......Burma Pro for short ones, Dovres for long ones

K

Hope your getting them for the wife's christmas fella lol

Same problem, need new boots urgently. Don't like stiff boots. Had a look at the Ridgeline Warrior boot ( new and affordable ) and the Zamberlan Sella . Zamberlan is considered as high quality and isn't cheap at all.
    The Sella is considered as the Rolls Royce. Anybody using Zamberlan ?

Quote Originally Posted by verminator69 View Post
    Hope your getting them for the wife's christmas fella lol
    ‎Sadly not as I'm going through what is best described as my Kephart/Sears phase which is proving damn expensive!‎

Last year it was the ‎Elmer Fudd look which was much more do able via e-bay international and only saw me reign in such enthusiasm after being outbid on a 1950's pair of red & black plaid breeches‎.

The manufacturer does however make more conventional hunting boots and mighty fine they are too:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-ou1isn...0.1280.gif?c=2

K‎
    Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 20-11-2014 at 18:15.
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    Same problem, need new boots urgently. Don't like stiff boots. Had a look at the Ridgeline Warrior boot ( new and affordable ) and the Zamberlan Sella . Zamberlan is considered as high quality and isn't cheap at all.
    The Sella is considered as the Rolls Royce. Anybody using Zamberlan ?
    My first pair of proper walking boots were Zamberlan. Beautiful looking, seamless moulded leather. I never did manage to break my feet in to wear them confidently. They often took the skin off my heel. I would end up having to walk backwards up hill! My partner bought a pair of Zamberlan at the same time and found them the most comfortable boots she had ever worn. Mine had a very stiff Vibram sole and hers were much softer and more flexible. This was twenty odd years ago so I am sure things will have changed.

But if you blister easily like me, I can recommend Brasher boots, Meindl Dovre extreme and le Chameau Mouflon Plus in ascending order of comfort out of the box.

I have subsequently discovered the amazing Compeed blister dressings which rescued me from sitting in the lodge while everyone else went out walking on a Swiss mountain walking holiday a few years back. Another pair of Italian boots which felt great to start with. The Compeed dressing went on to an incredibly tender, burst and angry blister, on my heel and I was able to do a ten mile mountain track walk immediately....brilliant.

Alan
    Last edited by Alantoo; 21-11-2014 at 16:59.

K
    Laurence Olivier was asked at his first Shakespearean audition whether he could "turn a calf" as in look good in tights, he would of done in those!

I am sure they are great against snake bite, but they do look better suited for dry and arid deserty type country than the bog and mud of Britain. There is more grip on the upper than on the sole with that elegant raised seam. Once the mud has closed over the top the boot will never come out....

Maybe better on the stage or indoors....

Alan
    Last edited by Alantoo; 20-11-2014 at 18:36. Reason: non u spelling of lawrence