Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Hind Stalking in the Cairngorms

  1. #1

    Hind Stalking in the Cairngorms

    I am staying near Aviemore on holiday in January and was hoping someone could recommend some hind stalking.

    Thanks

    Tom

  2. #2
    Ive never stalked there but you could try the Rothiemurchus Estate? I've fished there before and also been for a tour around the estate by the keeper. I'd imagine if they do it it's going to be expensive! Beautiful spot though you'll have a lovely time no doubt...

    Regards

    WH

  3. #3
    Alvie or strathspeys estate? Never been myself though so can't comment further

  4. #4
    Would Pitlochry be too far for you?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Alvie or strathspeys estate? Never been myself though so can't comment further
    I can give a personal recommendation for Alvie estate, great ground & stalker and plenty of deer. Google Alvie & Dalraddy Estates.

    srvet - I think I recommended Alvie Simon when you were looking for stalking & pony trekking.

    PM me if Alvie can't fit you in if that helps.

    Nick

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Ive never stalked there but you could try the Rothiemurchus Estate? I've fished there before and also been for a tour around the estate by the keeper. I'd imagine if they do it it's going to be expensive! Beautiful spot though you'll have a lovely time no doubt...

    Regards

    WH
    A big chunk of the woods just sold to the FC and a big chunk of the hill well walked/skied!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    I can give a personal recommendation for Alvie estate, great ground & stalker and plenty of deer. Google Alvie & Dalraddy Estates.

    srvet - I think I recommended Alvie Simon when you were looking for stalking & pony trekking.

    PM me if Alvie can't fit you in if that helps.

    Nick
    Hi Nick, yes you did which is why it sprang to mind! It's on the list for a visit at some stage!

    Hope you and yours are well

    S

  8. #8
    try Invercauld, its a big estate so i am sure they could fit you in.

  9. #9
    Great deer men at Alvie - the owner, factor & stalker.

    All well Simon thanks, hope same with you. You able to come to the Bowland DMG meet Weds?

    Nick

  10. #10
    My mate works as a ghillie in Kincraig, he could sort it for you.... And he owns a pub (Bonus!!!)

    I'll PM you his contact details.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

    Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Similar Threads

  1. Cairngorms National Park - DSC1 - funding available
    By scotspine in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 11:25
  2. Wanted hind stalking
    By bogwelly in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-07-2011, 09:21
  3. Available Hind stalking
    By 308boy in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-01-2011, 09:25
  4. Hind Stalking
    By Stringer in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-10-2009, 09:52
  5. Hind Stalking
    By Trufflehunting in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-04-2008, 18:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •