Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackpowder Season Buck from Tennessee

Exclamation Blackpowder Season Buck from Tennessee

Greetings my Anglican cousins from the great state of Tennessee, US. Thought I would share my whitetail buck from today. It currently is muzzleloader season here in TN. You can only hunt with a bow or muzzleloader till this coming weekend. Starting Saturday 11-22 you can carry the centerfire rifles for the remainder of the season.

I shot this guy with my .50 caliber CVA Accura muzzleloader shooting Blackhorn 209 powder. It's pushing a 250 grain Hornady sabot 1950 fps. Leaves a nice hole!

Note the shooting house in the background. That's where I was sitting.

Wow, that's a nice buck! I like the carrier on your car. Enjoy the shooting and freedom over there.

Hi

Great photos and briefing - thank you for sharing.

L

Nice buck, nice ground, nice pics. Thanks for sharing

A well placed shot for a mortar! Bet you were well chuffed when the smoke cleared and you saw the result. What distance would you not have taken the shot for fear of it going wrong? Is this a red letter day for the muzzle loader or would you get lucky most years? Looks smashing day, thanks for sharing.

very nice,well done. I only shoot muzzle loaders at targets , as it is generally frowned on over here which I think is a shame as they can be very accurate.

The modern inline muzzleloader shooting Blackhorn 209 is very capable of a clean harvest at 150 yards.

This buck was only 40 yards...chip shot but my heart was definitely pumping!

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    very nice,well done. I only shoot muzzle loaders at targets , as it is generally frowned on over here which I think is a shame as they can be very accurate.
    My muzzleloader has shot under 1" groups at 100 yards. They are very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    Wow, that's a nice buck! I like the carrier on your car. Enjoy the shooting and freedom over there.
    It's convienant. Love the cargo carrier for hauling deer.

Quote Originally Posted by UTGrad View Post
    It's convienant. Love the cargo carrier for hauling deer.

Priceless!

Now if only I had the balls to park my similarly laden truck outside a Branch of one of our major household goods stores.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.