My First Muntjac

Munty Skin

Well done Alex and Eddies eyes ;)

Just a thought if you still have the hide Alex? If you do, would you mind rolling it up and keeping it in freezer if you have space? I'll tan it if you do.

Still perfecting the tanning process with small skins (squirrel and rabbit) but had a good result with last muntjac I was given.

All the best!

Well done Alex and Eddies eyes ;)

Just a thought if you still have the hide Alex? If you do, would you mind rolling it up and keeping it in freezer if you have space? I'll tan it if you do.

Still perfecting the tanning process with small skins (squirrel and rabbit) but had a good result with last muntjac I was given.

All the best!

Hi Glenn,

The hide is in the bin, but I guess I could rescue it. Let me know.

It does have rather a large hole in though!

Alex

Hi Glenn,

The hide is in the bin, but I guess I could rescue it. Let me know.

It does have rather a large hole in though!

Alex

Ok I've just looked in the bin bag, its actually pretty minging in there - I'm not going in. You can have the next one! :lol:

Alex

Well done Alex - we don't Muntjac up here yet but seen them plenty of time down on the Chilterns near my parents including in their garden - but they always seem to be there when I'm not / don't have suitable rifle to hand.

To close the loop on this we had roast haunch of Muntjac over Easter and it was absolutely delicious. We managed to convert a couple more people onto venison in so doing too... they said it was the best bit of meat they had tasted since they could remember! :D

Boned, rolled and covered in bacon and herbs. :drool:

Muntjac 002 (Large).JPG Muntjac 001 (Large).JPG

Alex

Back