Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you buy your husband for 50th birthday?

What do you buy your husband for 50th birthday?

Shooting-related. Wondered about a European hunting trip but don't know where to start.
    Last edited by the_jaggy_bushes; 22-11-2014 at 12:49.

What kind of budget are you working to?

A day at red stags somewhere on the hill in Scotland? That would come in around the 500 budget and would be a classic hunting experience. On the plus side he has until September/October to get fit for it if he isn't already fit so good for his health as well and it is a great day out.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Great idea but he is a stalker and takes guests out to the stags and been the hinds this past week Loves it. Uncanny!

It sounds as if he's done a fair amount of stalking but has he stalked all six species of British deer. Ive been at fallow and roe but would love a muntjac or maybe feral goat or boat. ( sorry you could probably shoot boats but boar may be better and more sporting ). Unable to help price wise I'm afraid but just a suggestion.

A trip out on Boar with the likes of Solway Stalker might fill your requirements?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Night out in Prague with his mates!

A trip would be good but difficult to organise and you don't get a lot for 500 sadly.

What about a nice knife from Alan Wood, Stu Mitchell or Guy Stainthorpe? You can have his name and 50th birthday engraved on it? 500 would easily cover this and a decent morning or evening outing in a different area/species to christen it?

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    A trip would be good but difficult to organise and you don't get a lot for 500 sadly.

What about a nice knife from Alan Wood, Stu Mitchell or Guy Stainthorpe? You can have his name and 50th birthday engraved on it? 500 would easily cover this and a decent morning or evening outing in a different area/species to christen it?
    now that does appeal !