Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The power of the net

The power of the net

I recently posted on several shooting forums requesting assistance in finding a magazine for an old winchester .22 semi auto.

Today in the post one arrived from Alberta Canada free of charge. The chap is a member of the SD saw my post and sent me one he had in his scrap pile.

how about that?

Well done that man!
    I too have benefited from this kind of generosity from SD members - it's one of the things that makes this site what it is. Restores faith in human nature.

I think you find this on most gun sites, I needed a part for a marlin, I have been a member of marlin owners since it started, actually when it was owned by marlin, I was sent the part by a member, who was well known at marlin free of charge.
    i also spend a few weeks every year with members of rimfire Central.

Wanted. Aston Martin, or similiar. Just fed up with the image of the saab. So if anyone has one going spare......
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I worked in the Saab styling studio n the early 80s and I love them.
    Have you got an Opel in drag?
    Martin

Mine is an old 900 convertible. Think that is pre Opel.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

HAted the 900 until I drove one then fell in love, even grew to like the styling.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    My father gave me his original 1977 Saab 99 Turbo.
    and I sold it for scrap

Stuck to the road like s@@t on a shovel and had the styling of a brick. My fondest memory of it was coming up behind an MG Midget on the M4 at 135mph in the late 70's
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

It doesn't have the comfort or handling of a modern car. You slide around on the seats a bit and there is too much power going through that the front wheel can't handle. But it does go like stink when the turbo kicks in and it is cheap wind in the hair motoring in the summer.
    Not that I am a poser or anything as anybody who knows me will tell you. Cough.
    But I would still like the Aston thanks.

Hi wildrover77

If you can find a copy of this Nov/Dec edition of the Armourer w h smiths sell it.
    There is an article about the winchester .22 semi auto inc the model 03 if you are interested .

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"