bleach cockup

User00003

right, so I've done tons of cleaning, boiling and bleaching jobs, bread and butter.

for some reason when I just removed the cotton wool with bleach (9%) after a few days the skulls had not gone white as usual and are a bit yellow..very odd because it always works perfectly for me like that, always!:-|

anyway, it's now illegal to buy over 12% H2O2 in the UK, so what the hell do I do to get them white as the bleach clearly isn't doing the job?

right, so I've done tons of cleaning, boiling and bleaching jobs, bread and butter.

for some reason when I just removed the cotton wool with bleach (9%) after a few days the skulls had not gone white as usual and are a bit yellow..very odd because it always works perfectly for me like that, always!:-|

anyway, it's now illegal to buy over 12% H2O2 in the UK, so what the hell do I do to get them white as the bleach clearly isn't doing the job?

the sun will help with the whitening, but you might have to wait a few months!

I'm not sure what causes it but yellowing from bleach is actually quite common. It's something to do with the chlorine.

anyway, it's now illegal to buy over 12% H2O2 in the UK

Really? First I've heard of this. What law has changed? :-|

I've always used standard run of the mill food grade peroxide at 35%. Is this no longer available?

Alex

Really? First I've heard of this. What law has changed? :-|

Found it... The Control of Explosives Precursors Regulations 2014

More unwelcome inconvenience for us in the name of controlling 'terror'. :evil:

12% should still work, you'll just have to leave for longer....

Last edited:
Oh ok. How old is the peroxide?

It's not very stable stuff and will turn to water over time. I'd say worst case you've just had no bleaching effect and bone when wet looks more yellow anyway. Try with fresh peroxide and then let it dry out fully and it should look more white.

Go to a hair dressers and ask for some whitener it comes as a blue powder and just add a spoon fill to the peroxide and leave for 12 hours.

ok, managed to find a guy on ebay willing to still sell 35% despite it being illegal apparently.

let's see what happens!

thanks for replies guys

ok, managed to find a guy on ebay willing to still sell 35% despite it being illegal apparently.

let's see what happens!

thanks for replies guys

Probably not a great idea for an FAC holder though?.....

Thought it might be amusing to try applying for a new Home Office "peroxide licence" for the purposes of bleaching heads :D....

£40! :rolleyes:

EPP licence application guidance

Last edited:
well got an email from the seller today saying they've not been able to honour the listing and are shipping 12% instead..ho hum..

Back