Thread: Buying ammo

Buying ammo

I am new to stalking and was given some bullets with my rifle. Can anyone points me in the direction of the best on line site to buy ammo please?

Quote Originally Posted by filledeferme View Post
    I am new to stalking and was given some bullets with my rifle. Can anyone points me in the direction of the best on line site to buy ammo please?
    Hi there, not sure if you mean factory made ammo or components but either way & being new to it you need to find out where your local shop is and talk through with them what your after or what you hope to do with your rifle and hopefully purchase your bullets from there. The ammo has to be recorded on your cert, so buying online is not possible.

this site & others is a great source of information for you.

regards Tristram

As above. Find a local RFD and make friends with them. Try different types of ammo until you find the one your rifle suits.

BE

Quote Originally Posted by filledeferme View Post
    Given bullets or ammunition?

I'm afraid it's not possible to buy either rifle ammunition or expanding bullets online in this country as both have to be face to face transactions. You can however buy non expanding bullets for reloading target type ammunition online.
    As the others have said ask around to find out which local RFD keeps the best stock and provides the best service and try several different brands of ammunition until you find out what works best for you in your rifle. I say your rifle because every rifle is different and what works well in one may not work quite so well in the next one of the same make to come off the production line.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thank you that is really useful.