Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who to go to?

Who to go to?

I have a problem with an NV unit. The two pickup wires have came adrift from the AA size battery baseplate. I was wondering who would be the most competent at repairing these tiny wires?
    I have contacted Swarovski but no reply yet. It is 15 years old but was hoping for some help from them but i think their lifetime warranties don't cover electrical units.
    Hi-fi or radio repairers etc?

Just a thought but go here www.nightvisionforumuk.com Index page There's got to be someone on there, close to you, who is probably as competent than the professionals .

Julian at Starlight could put that right for you
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

There are certainly people on the NV forum nearish to you who could fix it. Or as said, starlight could be most helpful.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Bit of a different line but im looking for a nv add on for bunnies any ideas?

If you are half handy with your hands then just solder them back on.
    A solder iron and solder and jobs a good un.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I have a problem with an NV unit. The two pickup wires have came adrift from the AA size battery baseplate. I was wondering who would be the most competent at repairing these tiny wires?
    I have contacted Swarovski but no reply yet. It is 15 years old but was hoping for some help from them but i think their lifetime warranties don't cover electrical units.
    Hi-fi or radio repairers etc?

Scoob, this is micro surgery!

Red dot, I'm sure you've posted 'radio ham' stuff before, if so, I'm guessing you'll have contacts within those circles ? There's your best bet.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Ian,from irlightbuilds, he builds nv gear and some of the best torches around.HE is on face book etc. and he is down south of glasgow.Bigger area.

Bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 23-11-2014 at 12:23.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Someone who works with PCB boards. They deal with all that tiny computer stuff and have the right gear to do it.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama