Thread: Sika next weekend

Sika next weekend

I am travelling to Peebles next weekend for 2 days on the Sika, sorting out my gear today and did'nt realise how much stuff you MIGHT need,as the wife said " is it 2 days or 2 weeks you are going for " Is it just me or do others take more than you would ever need eg jackets, trousers etc.
    It is my first attempt at Sika and hopefully will have a good report to post when I return.
    Brian

yes i can agree with you as we all know what basics you need to take but then something kicks in your brain WHAT IF I NEED THIS!! then it all goes wrong.lol

regards chris

We had a fortnight away stalking you'd have thought we were moving house the amount of stuff we had in the truck. Good luck I shot my first wild SIka whilst away thanks to Paul at Galloway fieldsports
    Last edited by crouch valley; 23-11-2014 at 19:16.

Its better to have it with you and not need it as need it and not have it !!

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Ask yourself what you really need.

Rifle
    Bullets
    Binoculars
    Knife
    Good set of waterproof clothes
    Good boots
    Wallet
    Phone
    1st aid kit
    Set of sticks

That lot will get you anywhere and stalking. Everything else is just because you have it.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Given the weather, it's always good to take a spare jacket and trousers. Especially if you get covered in Gralloch the first day!

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrian View Post
    I am travelling to Peebles next weekend for 2 days on the Sika, sorting out my gear today and did'nt realise how much stuff you MIGHT need,as the wife said " is it 2 days or 2 weeks you are going for " Is it just me or do others take more than you would ever need eg jackets, trousers etc.
    It is my first attempt at Sika and hopefully will have a good report to post when I return.
    Brian
    Hi Cumbrian, access to a good deer dog is fundamental as well.
    Last edited by Von; 24-11-2014 at 10:37.