Sky TV - discounts

paultap

I am sure that most existing Sky customers are aware of the Benefits of continually asking for discounts, but if not you can usually obtain half price discounts for 6 months or more on the Sky Hd channel, Sky multiroom and sky movies (and other sky channels no doubt) if you are an existing customer. You just have to ring up and ask for them!

If you have not done this to date just ring up sky customer services and press the option to leave sky or to drop sky channels. When you speak to an advisor be polite and say that your sky bill is becoming too expensive and ask if they can offer you any discounts on the package that you have, they will not usually discount the main package but will discount any add on channels such as the channels mentioned above. Advisors have told me that they are only authorised to apply one discount per telephone call. You simply ring back up again and repeat the process until you have obtained half price discounts on all your add on channels.

Make a note of when the discounts run out and then ring up at the appropriate time to repeat the process.

I have today got discounts of nearly £20 per month over the full price of Sky multiroom and the add on channels (sky HD and Sky movies)

I hope this helps.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
They c*cked up when I phone a couple of years ago, and we now have free movies until I'm 120...! That said, the rest of it costs us £100 per month, so they are clearly still up on the deal.

Great advice though Paul and everyone should have a go

Cheers
i.

My contract with sky just runned out this month so i might give them a call and as for a discount... thanks for the heads up!

£100 a month ? on Sky TV ? seriously ?

I`d rather push a pencil in my eye than watch that much TV.
How people can pay this much money for the ******** that they show on TV is utterly beyond me.

£100 a month ? on Sky TV ? seriously ?

I`d rather push a pencil in my eye than watch that much TV.
How people can pay this much money for the ******** that they show on TV is utterly beyond me.
I cannot agree more. We went with Sky years ago only because where we live it Is almost impossible to get a picture without a sat dish. Channel after channel of utter crap, soon got out of that just keeping the box and the dish so we could watch the main channels. Total rip off but whatever floats your boat.

Some years ago I stayed at the Loch Ard youth hostel (now closed unfortunately) while on a hill walking trip.
There were a group of school kids also staying there. One wee lad,about 12,asked the warden "huv ye goat tv"?.
The warden rolled his eyes and pointed to the lounge.
"Hub ye goat Sky" asked the wee lad.
The warden pointed to the main door and said "if you go out there,there's all the sky you need".
:)

Best thing I did was get rid o sky 15 yr ago .... Got free view & freesat .... Both boxes have hard drive so can pause rewind , watch one record another etc & have bbc & itv HD channels

Sky repeat every 3 days or so ... No way paying x amount a month for repeats

If want some sky without the hassle get now tv

Back