Stalking Wellies

kieran222

Hi,
I need a new pair of stalking wellington boots and was wondering if any body has any recommendations (ones they have used for more than a year). I am not interested in waterproof boots as they don't suit my needs. Ideally my budget would be <£200 (or a lot less if possible :lol:).

Kieran

I agree with the Le Chameau Vierzonord's, I worked out the other day that I had probably walked over 6000 miles in them over the last 6 years and they are still fine!!

I used Aigle Parcours (around £120) for three years & found them very warm & comfortable with good grip. The only downside (and it was enough to stop me buying another pair) was the lack of ankle support

I use Muck Boots now & the support is much better

I used Aigle Parcours (around £120) for three years & found them very warm & comfortable with good grip. The only downside (and it was enough to stop me buying another pair) was the lack of ankle support

I use Muck Boots now & the support is much better

i use muck boots as well, but would prefer something lighter.

le chameau vierzonord, for about £160, got 10 years out of the last pair!

Got to agree. Mine are only 3 years but still as good as new. They do get quite warm sometimes because of the lining so perfect for hinds but not great for stags in the autumn. I'm young though so I just take it, no doubt pay for it in future.

Scott

Hi,
I need a new pair of stalking wellington boots and was wondering if any body has any recommendations (ones they have used for more than a year). I am not interested in waterproof boots as they don't suit my needs. Ideally my budget would be <£200 (or a lot less if possible :lol:).

Kieran

I have the Grub Stalker wellies which I have been very pleased with. They have a Vibram sole and the grip is excellent.

just got a pair of Harkila forester 5mm ,to replace the old muck tay's jury's out as the 1st outing is this weekend

update on the above found them to be nice to walk in and warm a plus was they are easy to get off good grip in the mud better than the outgoing muck tay's that have done well, just not as good traction.

Last edited:
Grub stalkers. Have lasted first year of heavy use with minimal damage. Not sure they will last as long as the le chameau ones as are much softer on the calf which is where signs of wear are showing. Sole is excellent. Very hot and wet feet by end of day but very comfortable and easy to wear all day. At under £100 worth a look at.

BE

Thanks guys for the replies. I have now bought a pair of Le Chameau vierzonord, so will see how that goes. I had a pair grubs stalking boots which I was disappointed with. Had them for less than a year and they started leaking. I couldn’t see where, just thought I might have punctured them. Then one day I noticed that they were perishing just above the toes on the inside of the foot (on both boots), see attached photo. Anyway by this time they were just out of warranty. I contacted the supplier (BushWear) and sent photos and they said that this was down to wear and tear and there wasn’t anything they would do. Anyway after pressing them they offered 20% off a new pair of boots. I then contacted the UK distributer of the boots (Work-Lite) and he said that they should last longer than that and if I could provide photos and that if they didn’t show unreasonable wear he would replace them. I sent the photos along with a photo of the sole of the boot and he replied immediately saying that due to “minimal wear” he would supply me with a new pair which he did within a couple of days. While I took advantage of the 20% discount offered by Bushwear to buy the Le Chameau vierzonord I will not be using them again. I thought that they could have at least said that they would return them to the supplier for examination. I paid nearly £100 for the boots and would expect them to last longer. I have had a pair of Dunlop wellies in the past for about £15 which lasted for years.

Also my wife bought a pair of grubs shortly after I did and she also had a leak in hers after about 4 months which she got a replacement pair under warranty.

So I would say,
10/10 for Grubs for after sales service.
4/10 for the quality of the boots based on the two pairs that we have had.
2/10 for the supplier for customer service (Bush Wear).

View attachment 49901

Thanks guys for the replies. I have now bought a pair of Le Chameau vierzonord, so will see how that goes. I had a pair grubs stalking boots which I was disappointed with. Had them for less than a year and they started leaking. I couldn’t see where, just thought I might have punctured them. Then one day I noticed that they were perishing just above the toes on the inside of the foot (on both boots), see attached photo. Anyway by this time they were just out of warranty. I contacted the supplier (BushWear) and sent photos and they said that this was down to wear and tear and there wasn’t anything they would do. Anyway after pressing them they offered 20% off a new pair of boots. I then contacted the UK distributer of the boots (Work-Lite) and he said that they should last longer than that and if I could provide photos and that if they didn’t show unreasonable wear he would replace them. I sent the photos along with a photo of the sole of the boot and he replied immediately saying that due to “minimal wear” he would supply me with a new pair which he did within a couple of days. While I took advantage of the 20% discount offered by Bushwear to buy the Le Chameau vierzonord I will not be using them again. I thought that they could have at least said that they would return them to the supplier for examination. I paid nearly £100 for the boots and would expect them to last longer. I have had a pair of Dunlop wellies in the past for about £15 which lasted for years.

Also my wife bought a pair of grubs shortly after I did and she also had a leak in hers after about 4 months which she got a replacement pair under warranty.

So I would say,
10/10 for Grubs for after sales service.
4/10 for the quality of the boots based on the two pairs that we have had.
2/10 for the supplier for customer service (Bush Wear).

View attachment 49901

Interesting, thank you. My Grubs Stalkers are coming up to a year old and so I shall see whether they start leaking.

I've just bought another pair of Vierzonords after having to bin my last pair. They started leaking after only 14 years of use!
MS

Seeland Estate 18". 4mm neoprene with a Vibram sole, should be somewhere about £120. Last pair were well into their 4th season before they got attacked by some barbed wire hidden in the shrubbery :(

Back