Thread: Leuplod Scope Repair.

Established Poster

Leuplod Scope Repair.

I have a Leupold VX II 3-9x40 that doesn't seem to focus at any distance or magnification.
    Its a well used old scope but dont want to chuck it in the bin unless its totally knackered.
    Is there anyone who does repairs relativelly cheap or would it be better to send back to Leupold.
    If its to be a leupold return is there a GB Returns/ Repair centre contact.
    If there is can someone supply contact details.
    Thanks.

SD Regular
    GMK are the importers/distributors for Leupold. GMK - Home
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

kal,
    I would just contact Leupold Customer Service in the US and tell them your problem. They will likely tell you to mail them the scope which they will repair. They are happy to fix their stuff. I had to do the same thing some years ago.

Established Poster
    Cheers Lads,
    I'll contact GMK first as that may be the cheapest postage option.

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    Cheers Lads,
    I'll contact GMK first as that may be the cheapest postage option.
    Please keep us posted with this. It will be good to see if they have improved their customer service system or, in fact, whether they will even deal with someone outside the trade. (GMK that is. Leupolds customer service is outstanding. )

I sent a scope back to leupold USA, it came back fully serviced, and inclosed a note, No charge, have a nice day,

Leupold repairs in Europe are done by
    Harald Ros
    Coburger Strasse 71
    98673 Eisfeld
    Germany
    I sent my old VX2 3-9 x 40 there after long service with a moisture issue and slack in the turrets , It came back perfect apart from the original marks and scratches -- no charge.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933

Does anyone know if Leupold will retrofit target turrets to an old scope (M8 10x40)?

Ive got a Stoney Point conversion on it but there is a fair bit of play in it so would consider new turrets if it is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Does anyone know if Leupold will retrofit target turrets to an old scope (M8 10x40)?

Ive got a Stoney Point conversion on it but there is a fair bit of play in it so would consider new turrets if it is an option.
    yes Harald Ros , they did it for me , address above .
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933