Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Defender Stolen Hampshire

  1. #1

    Defender Stolen Hampshire

    Got in from work tonight to find a gap on the drive where my Defender should have been, my wife arrived home at 16:30 and it was there, I got home at 18:45 and it was gone.
    It is fairly distinctive with a 2"lift, huge Fedima mud tyres, wide arches, bull bar with spots and is dark blue with a white roof.
    The police say that the last 4X4 stolen locally was used two days later to steal copper from a local solar farm and then abandoned, so I may get it back after a crime has been committed but not holding out much hope.
    It is fair to say that I was not a fan when I bought it but it has really grown on me over the last few years and I am quite upset by the loss, but I shall be more upset when all the policies increase on my other vehicles if I have to make a claim!

    Martin

  2. #2
    A bloody shame that. Credit to you, you seem to be pretty calm about it. I hope the police find it soon.
    ATB

  3. #3
    Stick a picture up, just in case.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

  4. #4
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,832
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Christmas time again,

    Lots of gear going missing as the traveling community need funds for there Christmas gifts, a 6 wheel low loader trailer was stollen from just of the estate, they cut the hedge down to get to it and then took it bck through the hole, 7k worth of tree surgery gear stollen from the other side of the estate, gallons of heating oil being taken from tanks that are far enough away from the house that you don't hear them,

    Take note lads it's that time of year,

    Bob.

    Ps: to the op I hope you get it back.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  5. #5
    This type of thing makes me sick!......I remember reading that in the 70's the serious crime squad had a rather unusual method of dealing with persistent thieves (I believe this was in London, and the squad was a bit of a law unto itself) they would observe a known thief leaving his house in the early hours (and about to get up to no good no doubt) they would then proceed to break into said scumbags humble abode and proceed to burgle and wreck the place!....

    This method was designed to (1) give the thief a taste of his own medicine , and (2) make him think twice about leaving his own house in the early hours.

    I am sure the thief was almost laughed at when he had the audacity to report himself as a victim of burglary!

    I hope you get your truck back and that the scumbags who stole it get their full comeuppance!
    Last edited by paultap; 03-12-2014 at 22:18.

  6. #6
    Heard from the police a couple of days ago, 9 defenders have been stolen in my area in the last couple of months, all 300tdis and none recovered. Only good news is the insurance payed out promptly and gave me 3k more than I payed for it nearly four years ago, how many other 4x4s have appreciated like that! Now invested in a td5 defender, I considered other vehicles but I would have to change my forum id.

    Martin

    Quote Originally Posted by defender View Post
    Got in from work tonight to find a gap on the drive where my Defender should have been, my wife arrived home at 16:30 and it was there, I got home at 18:45 and it was gone.
    It is fairly distinctive with a 2"lift, huge Fedima mud tyres, wide arches, bull bar with spots and is dark blue with a white roof.
    The police say that the last 4X4 stolen locally was used two days later to steal copper from a local solar farm and then abandoned, so I may get it back after a crime has been committed but not holding out much hope.
    It is fair to say that I was not a fan when I bought it but it has really grown on me over the last few years and I am quite upset by the loss, but I shall be more upset when all the policies increase on my other vehicles if I have to make a claim!

    Martin

  7. #7
    That's a stroke of luck getting more than you paid back... I would be thinking of getting a decent alarm fitted if I were you. Good luck with your new Defender.

  8. #8
    Thanks, this one will have more security devices than you can shake a stick at!

    Quote Originally Posted by paultap View Post
    That's a stroke of luck getting more than you paid back... I would be thinking of getting a decent alarm fitted if I were you. Good luck with your new Defender.

  9. #9
    I know of a 90 that was recovered recently, owner had brought a 30 GPS tracker off a certain bidding site, after their previous Landy was stolen off their drive.
    It worked by them phoning it & the tracker then it gave its current location on Google maps
    It worked, we tracked it down to a disused shed & the end of a track, would never have been found otherwise.
    Thieves had popped the rear glass, barrelled the ignition. But otherwise undamaged.
    BEST 30 they ever spent.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by needsy View Post
    I know of a 90 that was recovered recently, owner had brought a 30 GPS tracker off a certain bidding site, after their previous Landy was stolen off their drive.
    It worked by them phoning it & the tracker then it gave its current location on Google maps
    It worked, we tracked it down to a disused shed & the end of a track, would never have been found otherwise.
    Thieves had popped the rear glass, barrelled the ignition. But otherwise undamaged.
    BEST 30 they ever spent.
    I have two of them on the way, 1 for the landy and 1 for the motorhome.

Similar Threads

  1. Stolen Dogs - Romsey, Hampshire.
    By White Hart in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-04-2014, 19:30
  2. Defender stolen North East
    By sanibel686 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-01-2013, 23:18
  3. Stolen Dogs
    By The Croc in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-10-2012, 10:12
  4. Stolen Goods.
    By squirrelnutkin in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 17:43
  5. Land Rover Defender Stolen in Cumbria
    By Joehuck in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-12-2011, 16:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •