Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Instructions to the sheep for when the wolves come...

SD Regular

Instructions to the sheep for when the wolves come...

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/...LJj?ocid=mailsignout

Britain. My country. Once upon a time.

Where when faced with a terrorist attack as per the Kenyan shopping mall or Mumbai the only thing our Government can do is tell us to run and hide.

Sheep. Running and hiding from the wolves....in the pathetic hope of avoiding being hunted down and slaughtered because, since before most of use were born, that is preferable to allowing the citizens the right to keep and bear arms...

Just as Benjamin Franklin anticipated all those years ago...

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

It's why with advice like this we should all just give up and let them have there way. As sad as it is, we cannot win this war on terror, the pollatitions don,t have the stomach for it, the press will slate you if you do or,if you don,t.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    It's why with advice like this we should all just give up and let them have there way. As sad as it is, we cannot win this war on terror, the pollatitions don,t have the stomach for it, the press will slate you if you do or,if you don,t.
    we didn't give up and let hitler and the german nation (which by the way was a properly advanced and innovative modern nation not a savage child beheading retard nation) have there way so I for one can never see this country being a muslim state , we will let it all go too far first as usual and then we will sort it out (along with the idiots that lead us into this situation as well I hope)
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/...LJj?ocid=mailsignout

Britain. My country. Once upon a time.

Where when faced with a terrorist attack as per the Kenyan shopping mall or Mumbai the only thing our Government can do is tell us to run and hide.

Sheep. Running and hiding from the wolves....in the pathetic hope of avoiding being hunted down and slaughtered because, since before most of use were born, that is preferable to allowing the citizens the right to keep and bear arms...

Just as Benjamin Franklin anticipated all those years ago...

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Its a difficult situation to give advice for but would you rather throw a load of stalkers and foxers into the mix with rifles to go into the local shopping centre and take on drugged up religious fanatics with fully auto weapons? What happens when the police or SF turn up and there are now a load of extra camo wearing civvies with guns running about to?

I do disagree with the current laws on weapons for self defence (including TASER and CS spray etc) for use in spontaneous situations, however, in acts of terror such as active shooter scenarios it is best left to the agencies who have had appropriate training and suitable weapons.

Similar to the advice on what to do if you discover a fire at work (sound the alarm and run away) they know some people will try and fight it but they will never suggest that is what should be done as it usually leads to a greater loss of life.

There is some real confusion about individual and state level responses here.

As someone pointed out, this is no different to the advice during a fire: sound the alarm and get the hell out. You don't know what you're doing, and at best will hurt yourself, at worst make things worse for the professionals.

You really wouldn't be up in arms if it was the local Fire Brigade handing these out. The fact that they are doing this indicates the presence of and willingness to deploy people who are very much trained and equipped to deal with the situation appropriately. A gung ho have-a-go hero who thinks he knows how to deal with a terrorist because he has DSC1, a cupboard full of camo and has successfully stalked some very suspicious roe deer could only possibly make things worse for everyone.

I lived in London in the 70's when the ira were well on the go and worked in various telephone exchanges....aka targets.
    Those were scary times too,the spaghetti house siege (my girlfriend was there two nights before)..the Balcombe St siege and various bombs going off. I missed a few bombs by a narrow margin of time in my travels. The police and media carried warnings to be aware then too.

There was no panic,people were wary,you couldn't go into a pub with your shopping bags without feeling a few glances etc, that's what needs to happen now and probably will. Our system is under threat and people need to be aware.
    The authorities weren't all that well prepared in the 70's,the cops first on the scene at Balcombe Street just had revolvers. Things are a bit better now.
    The rmt guy has a point in the article re the loss of guards and ticket collectors on trains.
    A train guard back then spotted and challenged a guy acting suspiciously and he was right,the guy was ira and was about to plant a bomb. The guard got shot for his trouble and the chase started on the bomber.
    Lives can be saved if people are aware and willing.
    Last edited by private fraser; 26-11-2014 at 08:41.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Never mind stalkers or any other group of people, this is about the mindset. Look at the September 11th attacks, three of the planes made it to their objectives, one didn't. What was the difference? On the plane that didn't achieve the terrorists' objective, the passengers and crew, refused to bow down to them, and instead counter attacked. The passengers may have died anyway, but they made a difference (thereby potentially saving hundreds more lives) and went down fighting.

As the example from Glasgow posted by Lucky Eddie shows, a terrorist's worst nightmare is people who fight back. A crowd of determined people turning on an armed terrorist, rather than hiding under tables waiting to be shot, is going to ruin his day in short order.
    Last edited by Tartan_Terrier; 26-11-2014 at 09:00.

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    we didn't give up and let hitler and the german nation (which by the way was a properly advanced and innovative modern nation not a savage child beheading retard nation) have there way so I for one can never see this country being a muslim state , we will let it all go too far first as usual and then we will sort it out (along with the idiots that lead us into this situation as well I hope)

whats a retard nation

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    whats a retard nation
    It's a pretty unfortunate choice of words, is what it is... Also, IS isn't a nation, it's at best an army. And as for Nazi Germany being properly advanced and innovative and not "savage", I beg to differ. Just because IS don't do paperwork, doesn't make them any more or less "savage".