Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The way it used to be when you bought bullets.

The way it used to be when you bought bullets.

Back in the day.
    I remember loading old bullets that came from these kind of boxes when I was young.~Muir

The writing says "218 Bee, 46 Mush"

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Back in the day.
    I remember loading old bullets that came from these kind of boxes when I was young.~Muir

The writing says "218 Bee, 46 Mush"
    So do I.......... we're old

AB

I used to buy mine by the 100 or 500 in polythene bags but only Remington and Winchester were available around that time.
    They didn't have the selection of points either, they were all PP = power point, in todays terminology = soft point.
    The only hollow points that I can recall were 9mm pistol but I can't remember who made them.

That’s nothing!

When I were a lad we had neither plastic nor cardboard and bullets were cast from lead filched from school roof. Couldn’t afford gas so had to slip lead pot into heating boiler when Old Coke the Caretaker wasn’t replenishing it. School desk still bares scars from spillages when illicitly pouring into hand-made mould during Latin.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    That’s nothing!

When I were a lad we had neither plastic nor cardboard and bullets were cast from lead filched from school roof. Couldn’t afford gas so had to slip lead pot into heating boiler when Old Coke the Caretaker wasn’t replenishing it. School desk still bares scars from spillages when illicitly pouring into hand-made mould during Latin.

K

Luxury

AB

good ol days,
    when I was very young the maid made my catapults.
    edi

Well that's turned that thread into a load of nonsense pretty fast hasn't it.

i am with you on that one 45 acp hard baller lol, and to get warm father would beat us into a frenzy ,happen them's were the day's we'd look forward to cold broth and chickin fat for tea HHhhmmmm yummy !! and if we were real lucky dad would beat us just before bed time to get us warm again .

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    That’s nothing!

K