Thread: Grendel and Fallow meet

Grendel and Fallow meet

Hi All,

I got a long awaited call from a Gamekeeper friend this morning. He has been having a problem with a particular fox of late, and I have been offering my services (as you do).

So this is my afternoon, I arrived at the farm at 14:15 and was sent straight away to a high seat over looking a couple of fields. With the following instructions. I want that Fecking fox, failing that a neck shot pricket.

The weather has been very misty and drizzling here this past week and toady was no better. So I set off toward the seat as I make my way through the mist at about 300m I see one of the largest Bucks I have ever seen, we have a strain of fallow here which occasionally throws out a white one, which he was. He was however neither a fox or a pricket. So I had to let him make good his departure in his own good time.

After watching the local wildlife for a couple of hours, the world was starting to merge in to that grey you have, when the end of a misty day.

I was starting to collect my thoughts about leaving, when the pricket started up a slope toward me. With my heart racing, shallow breathing I turned in the seat and waited for him to come out from behind a hedge. As he did he started to feed head down blissfully unaware I was even there.

I sighted on the atlas joint (neck shot only for this keeper) pulled the trigger, and he fell to the spot.

The keeper was happy, as was I, as I have been invited back tomorrow at dark O'clock to get that fecking fox.

Sorry about the picture quality but you get the idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0303small.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	905.1 KB 
ID:	49611

With a proper rifle as well.
    What scope is sitting on that CZ ?

Neil.

Well done, now collect your brownie points!

Had an AR15 Grendel used to run 123grain Amax through it,very nice accurate round that burns very little powder.
    Would have liked to try the 123grain SST through it as a deer rifle,for a small cartridge it is very efficient and found it difficult to find a load that wasn't accurate.
    What powder are you using?? Personally found AA2250 to be the best in mine followed closely by BLC 2.

We'll done nice when it comes together
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

A great day and write up.

Quote Originally Posted by dave 67 View Post
    Had an AR15 Grendel used to run 123grain Amax through it,very nice accurate round that burns very little powder.
    Would have liked to try the 123grain SST through it as a deer rifle,for a small cartridge it is very efficient and found it difficult to find a load that wasn't accurate.
    What powder are you using?? Personally found AA2250 to be the best in mine followed closely by BLC 2.
    The SSTs are factory loads.

I have shot the little beast at 1000y and scored a string of V bulls so I can't find anything bad to say about the cartridge either.

I have used N133 RL 15 CFE223 all with success. Loading 107 SMK, 123 SMK, 123 SST and 129 SST. The last two where deer legal. The worst GRP ever was 1.75 inches at 100y.
    Last edited by buck732; 28-11-2014 at 08:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    With a proper rifle as well.
    What scope is sitting on that CZ ?

Neil.
    Its a Vortex 2.5-10x44