Fantastic Weekend With Tam Beattie (Amanda 16)

Last Friday up at 4-00am breakfast load car and away to pick my pal Paul up then head North to meet Tam.

Friday afternoon stalk the wind was severe gale force so did not expect to see any Deer I saw one my pal Paul saw two but no shots fired as Deer out of range during the stalk.
We both sat in raised Doe boxes until dark but no luck.

Saturday am the wind had eased but low cloud cover the hill first thing as I stalked the cloud lifted when ah spotted two Roe does BANG one down the other galloped back into the forest.

When Tam came back to pick me up my pal Paul had also been successful and grassed one. Then it was back for breakfast at BnB with Tam cracking jokes and creating a jovial atmosphere.

Breakfast over we chatted and laughed until it was time to return to the forest myself and Paul saw Deer but I was unable to get a shot of but when Tam and Paul came to pick me up Paul had been successful again and grassed another.

Back to BnB quick change and as Friday night off to Horse n Hounds Bonchester Bridge for a meal.

Sunday am final stalk I spotted a doe that climbed a bank on the other side of a valley I was stalking and go into cover ah thought ah would give her a few minutes to see if she reappeared she did and BANG second one grassed.
Me being an old git the drag out with the valley being steep was something else. That said Tam had said if ah shot one not to struggle just do Grallach and he would extract the Deer.

When Tam and Paul came to pick me up Paul hadn't grassed another but had double figure siting's of deer but was unlucky as he could not get a shot off.

Any one wanting a good Stalking experience Tam is a fantastic lad to meet up with and has excellent ground to stalk on.
8 stalk's 4 Deer grassed so myself and Paul well chuffed ah would also like to add I did a trip prior to this where with another pal we did 8 stalk's and grassed 8 deer.

Thanks Tam for a fantastic weekend.:thumb: :hind:

Great write up, You obviously both had a good time and laugh with Tam, four deer on eight stalks is very good going.

Back