Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaser K95 with moderator

Blaser K95 with moderator

I have always wanted to purchase a Blaser K95 due the light weight and simplicity of the rifle. My stalking buddies think the K95 is not practical and expensive and it would be hard to sell if I did not get on with the K95. However, I still have my heart set on one and have nearly made the decision to order one. My one concern is how this rifle would handle with a moderator fitted. Although it would be a relatively light weight mod I am worried it would upset the handling of this rifle more than standard bolt actions as the rifle is so light. If I order one I am going to fit the butt stock magazine which holds 4 rounds and may help to balance the rig. Thinking .308.

Any comments welcomed

Regards

Evo

evolution,

If you get the blaser will it be your only rifle that deer legal?

A moderator on a kipplauf? Sacrilege!

Lawrence or hardy are the shortest / lightest / over barrel

cmm4 lighter still but sticks out further due to being an muzzle can

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Agreed! What's the point of buying a lightweight, short and handy, accurate rifle with beautiful lines, and messing with it by adding a bulging weight to the end of it?

Talk to some K95 and Merkel K1 owners about why they love their single shot rifles. Save the moderator for a Tikka or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Talk to some K95 and Merkel K1 owners about why they love their single shot rifles. Save the moderator for a Tikka or something.
    Here's one - Heym 44b - IMHO sticking a lump out front defeats the object of having one. Reasons as above.

Speak to AWMC on here he has a K95 with moderator and was going to be .308 but opted for 6.5x55 instead....

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post

+1

Sacrilege, but if you have to go for a small titanium one. If you get a 26" barrel, they are still short and light comparded to a bolt, but a lot of noise goes away. And a break action should have a rimmed cartridge - so get a 7x65R. Reason being is that rimmless cartridges have a little clip on the extractor to raise the cartridge and you have to pull it out. With a rimmed cartridge, just open, and twist your wrist sideways to raise the barrels and empty falls out and next one goes in.

Dont concern yourself about it beig a single shot and not be able to get off a quick second shot - you can quite easily.

And those with ungainly plastic stocked, stainless and big moderators with a telescope that wouldn't look out of place at the national observatory will never understand. Nor will those who buy other products made by the same company.

Doesn't Steve Bowers offer a moderator that is cut to the same diameter as the barrel so as to be invisible? That might work out ok if you choose a K95 with the shorter barrel option (just speculating). Otherwise I don't think I would put a moderator on at all.