Thread: While recovering from a replacement hip ..

While recovering from a replacement hip ..

A friend sent me this, she is expected to work whilst recovering.
    UNREAL: I claim sick pay for 2 months due to hip replacement and I have to go for an interview with job centre for them to find me a job that suits me until I'm able to return to my own job, what about all these people not working and claiming benefits make them bloody work. I've never claimed anything and just claim sick pay for this short time and they take the mickey. I won't bother next time.
    — feeling angry.

Your thoughts please.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

It appears that all the unemployed who want to claim gets a hard time these days, having to go for these interviews at the job centre and are given goals such as get two interviews for jobs before next time, or the dosh stops.

Now in general, for the bone idle shirkers of this world, this is no bad thing. But there needs to be a bit of discretion perhaps for genuine people who suddenly find themselves temporarily between jobs. It's a fact of life that to those bone idle shirkers, this will be water off a mallard's back and they will know all the tricks to appease the job centre mafia.

It's a joke, however if the operation went as well as mine last year you'll be back to normal in no time. I was walking without crutches after a week, jogging on a treadmill after 3 weeks lugging rifle and roe sack full of roe ;-) at 8 weeks and bored senseless at home. Work wouldn't let me back until 12 weeks. I've never looked back after suffering and limping around for 4 years
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    It's a joke, however if the operation went as well as mine last year you'll be back to normal in no time. I was walking without crutches after a week, jogging on a treadmill after 3 weeks lugging rifle and roe sack full of roe ;-) at 8 weeks and bored senseless at home. Work wouldn't let me back until 12 weeks. I've never looked back after suffering and limping around for 4 years
    Wingy
    You had a different kind of hip replacement than I did. I was walking on crutches for six weeks, on a cane for another 6 weeks. No jogging. Mine were the Algonquin war club kind where they drive the titanium shank into your femur and have a ceramic ball joint... not the cut and paste varieties. But that aside, I stayed at home for two weeks and then went to work on crutches "light duty" and never missed work for the hip again. At 12 weeks I was off of everything and driving myself. I ended up getting the other done the next year and the routine was the same except that at 10 days post-op I went deer hunting in South Dakota off of crutches. At the next check-up, when i told him about the hunt, my ortho doc frowned, cocked his head, and asked, "Did you get one??" When I said yes, all was forgiven.I was back to work the Monday after the hunt.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    You had a different kind of hip replacement than I did. I was walking on crutches for six weeks, on a cane for another 6 weeks. No jogging. Mine were the Algonquin war club kind where they drive the titanium shank into your femur and have a ceramic ball joint... not the cut and paste varieties. But that aside, I stayed at home for two weeks and then went to work on crutches "light duty" and never missed work for the hip again. At 12 weeks I was off of everything and driving myself. I ended up getting the other done the next year and the routine was the same except that at 10 days post-op I went deer hunting in South Dakota off of crutches. At the next check-up, when i told him about the hunt, my ortho doc frowned, cocked his head, and asked, "Did you get one??" When I said yes, all was forgiven.I was back to work the Monday after the hunt.~Muir
    Attachment 49664

Yep, sounds like mine ceramic & titanium. Now cycling average 400 miles per month
    Wingy
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

This is all good news. Thanks guys, my mum just had hers done after a fall, she's 84 but doing well too. I'll tell her your stories at visiting tonight. Last night I told her about the SD good wishes she has had from people she's never heard of, she was chuffed. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Attachment 49664

Yep, sounds like mine ceramic & titanium. Now cycling average 400 miles per month
    Wingy
    Good for you. I'm doing 500 pound leg presses in reps of 25 along with other forms of personal torture. It's worth the extra recovery time, isn't it?~Muir

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    A friend sent me this, she is expected to work whilst recovering.
    UNREAL: I claim sick pay for 2 months due to hip replacement and I have to go for an interview with job centre for them to find me a job that suits me until I'm able to return to my own job, what about all these people not working and claiming benefits make them bloody work. I've never claimed anything and just claim sick pay for this short time and they take the mickey. I won't bother next time.
    — feeling angry.

Your thoughts please.
    I fully sympathise with her.
    I have self supported for the last seven months. I finally decided that after 31 years being a taxpayer I must be due something. So went on Gov.Com to see.
    Filled out the forms and guess what. No, I am not due anything. Not one penny because my wife earns too much.
    Now here's where it gets you.
    As a laugh I put in all the details but told them I was divorced/separated.
    BINGO. £250/week benefits
    So converting the garage as we speak for the missus to move into as paying tenant, separation will be after boxing day as I want to have a walk round for some pheasants and then roll in the dosh.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama