Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reticule

Account Suspended

Reticule

Wanted for Pecar Scope interchangeable reticule.
    Pref. preplex

I've got one with a No.14 Reticle in it which I would swap for something else like a No. 4. The No.2 is the tapered post with a thin rail across the top. Not sure what the 'preplex' one is?

Here is a link to some useful Pecar information which shows a couple of diagrams of the various reticles available:
    http://www.eaglehurstsporting.com/?page_id=234
    Might help you in your quest if you can put a number on what you are after?
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 08-03-2010 at 17:20.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I've got one with a No.14 Reticle in it which I would swap for something else like a No. 4. The No.2 is the tapered post with a thin rail across the top. Not sure what the 'preplex' one is?

Here is a link to some useful Pecar information which shows a couple of diagrams of the various reticles available:
    http://www.eaglehurstsporting.com/?page_id=234
    Might help you in your quest if you can put a number on what you are after?
    MS
    Its the No 8 reticule I am after or I would also consider No 16

Thanks Caprelous

Account Suspended
    Still wanted

Although I have not got any you had better post for which type Pecar it's for as the Classic (moving reticle) and the Champion (Image moving,constantly centred reticle) are different as I understand it and they won't fit each other.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Although I have not got any you had better post for which type Pecar it's for as the Classic (moving reticle) and the Champion (Image moving,constantly centred reticle) are different as I understand it and they won't fit each other.
    Sorry its the old steel tube type where the reticule increases in size when increasing magnification , thanks for that I wasnt aware that they wasnt interchangeable

Quote Originally Posted by Caprelous View Post
    Sorry its the old steel tube type where the reticule increases in size when increasing magnification , thanks for that I wasnt aware that they wasnt interchangeable
    Hmmm I don't think you have quite grapsed this so perhaps this might help:-

That's the constantly centered reticle from a Champion shown by the dot ina circle. As far as I am aware the Champion could be had with either a steel tube of an Alloy tube.

The Pecar Std scopes had this type reticle saddle:-

Shown on the 3-7x35 Std scope I recently sold and according to Parker-Hales #86 catalogue they are not interchangable between models. Both as far as I am aware visually increase reticle size when the mag ring is turned up i.e the reticle covers the same amount of the target in real terms at all magnifications.

Hope that helps.

Account Suspended
    Aggh
    Then its the standard type it does not have the dot within a circle on the turret

I was not aware that there was any difference but it appears as you say their are two types

Thanks
    Stu

Stu yep it's confusing as some refer to the older Moving reticle scopes as Classics yet in the P-H catalogue who were the importers they say it's the standard.

Have you thought of giving the scope Dr a call and see if he has any? Paul Burke I am talking about. Good luck with the search.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Stu yep it's confusing as some refer to the older Moving reticle scopes as Classics yet in the P-H catalogue who were the importers they say it's the standard.

Have you thought of giving the scope Dr a call and see if he has any? Paul Burke I am talking about. Good luck with the search.
    Huberts H as just rung me he hasnt got one but he has the spec on it
    Apparently it was the standard scope fitted to Police Rifles in the late sixties and early Seventies.
    Model V2-S 4-10x Classed as Standard on a steel tube 26mm fitment and its No 6 I am after

I have 3 of these Pecar Models, on all my rifles but the one on my 22 is just standard 4X all with different reticule formats
    Thanks
    Stu
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 21-04-2010 at 21:10. Reason: Corrected model number