Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Set Up My Shooting House This Week

  1. #1

    Set Up My Shooting House This Week

    Set up my shooting house this week. We've got several of these throughout our hunting lease. It's 4' x 6' and got great views!! We expect to have many deer harvested out of it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212741.204483.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	608.9 KB 
ID:	49654

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212778.181115.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	49656

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212793.258213.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	49657

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212810.111302.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	49658

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212820.266866.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	251.1 KB 
ID:	49659
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212761.121848.jpg  
    Last edited by UTGrad; 28-11-2014 at 22:24.

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Nice, don't know why more folk over here don't have some sort of cover on high seats ? A simple box type canvas or pvc cover would be simple and cost effective to make and fit.
    Just got a permission where we can install some high seats, and they'll have covers on. I don't like the cold wind and rain

  5. #5
    In the US we refer to them as "stands" but most of my stands are in trees without any type of cover. I start to get in the shooting houses when firearm seasons open.

    I'm an avid bow/archery hunter and spend a lot of time in the tree stand without cover.

    That being said our weather doesn't change every 15 minutes over here lol

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by UTGrad View Post
    In the US we refer to them as "stands" but most of my stands are in trees without any type of cover. I start to get in the shooting houses when firearm seasons open.

    I'm an avid bow/archery hunter and spend a lot of time in the tree stand without cover.

    That being said our weather doesn't change every 15 minutes over here lol
    The weather is a problem here, you can start to climb up in brilliant sunshine and it's pi**ing down with rain by the time you've reached the top

  7. #7
    UTGrad what you have built is usually refered to as a Norfolk tower high seat over here. Probably because of the extra time and work involved we tend to use more lean to or free standing chair type seats (what you call stands) though saying that on one estate that I shot on all the high seats were tower type. It always reminded me of movie prisoner of war camps every time I climbed in one. If the same thing is built on the ground it is refered to as a doe box.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by UTGrad View Post
    Set up my shooting house this week. We've got several of these throughout our hunting lease. It's 4' x 6' and got great views!! We expect to have many deer harvested out of it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212741.204483.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	608.9 KB 
ID:	49654

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212778.181115.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	49656

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212793.258213.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	49657

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212810.111302.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	49658

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212820.266866.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	251.1 KB 
ID:	49659
    Has it got all mod cons and a 50"flat screen tv .good luck shooting from there it's looks great
    DJC
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Nice, don't know why more folk over here don't have some sort of cover on high seats ? A simple box type canvas or pvc cover would be simple and cost effective to make and fit.
    Just got a permission where we can install some high seats, and they'll have covers on. I don't like the cold wind and rain
    Here is my shooting box, swivel chair and carpeted, dozed off many times in it,zzzz

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wirehair View Post
    Here is my shooting box, swivel chair and carpeted, dozed off many times in it,zzzz
    Luxury at it's best- got me thinking .

Similar Threads

  1. 'Letter of the week/month' in shooting magazines.
    By Erik Hamburger in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 29-08-2013, 23:17
  2. This week I shall mostly be shooting Squirrel!
    By Klenchblaize in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-11-2012, 23:17
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 13:37
  4. Last week's shooting.
    By Muir in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-07-2012, 18:56
  5. sauer 202 full set up to get you shooting
    By vincy in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-08-2008, 08:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •