Thread: Drat, drat and tripple drat!!!

Drat, drat and tripple drat!!!

Well, that's my journey to the stalkers' fair finished......back where I started, courtesy of the AA. Bloody car broke down at Kings Lynn. Had to come all the way back to Norwich for a hire car and now it's not worth setting off again.
    Not a happy bear
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Bad luck Harry, you missed an enjoyable event

Alex

Just had the low down from the garage. 140 (estimated). Question is; would I have spent more at the fair on "toys"? I might even have saved myself a few bob

Harry - Save up your pennies & come up to Kelso then!

Ian

Hi Harry.
    Was it a Land Rover?

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Hi Harry.
    Was it a Land Rover?

Yorkie.
    Oh no. Learnt my lesson on 4x4s. I had an L200 for about two years and the running of it just about crippled me.
    Astra estate for me these days. Near on 60mpg and enough room in the "boot" for a carcass tray with a couple of roe/muntjac in it.
    To add insult to injury I checked out one of the munty heads I was going to take for measuring, using the chart pictured in Stratt's thread over on the general forum, and it came in as quite a good gold. The smaller one hits bronze. I'll just have to take them both to the Anglian next April, if I'm not working.

Hi Harry.
    The wife runs an astra 1.6 petrol. OK car. Just had some thermostat issues with it.
    Shame about not being able to get the heads measured.

Yorkie.