Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pm2 or atacr for long range target and some night time shooting

Pm2 or atacr for long range target and some night time shooting

Looking for info.. Want to buy a new scope for my 300 win mag.. Getting back in to target work out to 1000 plus yards and can't decide on these two optics. Is the new ED glass as good as a pm2's German glass? Also is FFP better than SFP? Both scopes are a 5.5-25x56 mag range. The pm2 is £400 more though over the NF

Have a look at the Kahles 624i of course FFP. I didn't like the S&B especially when below 7-8 mag.
    edi

In my opinion the PM2 is well overrated. An ugly scope with limited adjustment potential along the axis of the rifle because of where the illumination control is positioned and it only comes with a 2 year warranty.

Agree with ejg look at the Kahles K624i or even the Meopta 6-24x56 zd. The Meopta is less than half the price of the PM2 and in my opinion has a better reticle than the PM2 or the Kahles. It also comes with a 30 year transferrable warranty.

Really? The glass is amazing on the pm2 and I quite like the look of them. I will look at the kahles.. What do you think of the NF atacr? Kinda got my heart set on the pm2 if I'm honest.. Will be finishing work early tomoz to look through the PM 2 and the Atacr and possible buying either one on Thursday/Friday.. Only a 2 year warranty? This might be enought to steer toward NF's 10 year one

PMII remains the scope of choice with top long range shooters Stateside, but losing ground to Vortex:
    http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/1...-the-pros-use/
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    PMII remains the scope of choice with top long range shooters Stateside, but losing ground to Vortex:
    http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/1...-the-pros-use/
    pm2 is out of most people's proce bracket.. It's still the top scope. I bet if the price was competive with the rest it's would be even higher up the list.. It has won military contracts for many years so if it's good enough for our troops in arms way I'm sure it's good for me on the range! Vortex ain't in the same legue.

Slickshot,
    Ask yourself a couple of questions,

Are you going to be jumping out of a helicopter any time soon?
    Will your rifle/glass combo be falling off a 2 story roof in the near future?
    Will you be needing to do any carpentry work soon and the only thing to hand is the S&B?

I'm guessing possibly ... no.

Save your hard earned and look at the Vortex range. You're sticking it on a prone target gun. I've watched people blazing away with £60 worth of air gun scope on 300 WM's on Stix and they hit the target with disgustingly boring regularity.
    I'm not poking fun mate, the S&B is a terrific scope, it's just that there are plenty of others out there that offer the same degree of "day" use for a fraction of the cost. I sell them and I always grimace when I see somebody that's been sold a Ferrari to do the sunday "We're out of milk" run. It's unfair on you. Please feel free to PM me if you've got any questions

Quote Originally Posted by Orvil View Post
    Slickshot,
    Ask yourself a couple of questions,

Are you going to be jumping out of a helicopter any time soon?
    Will your rifle/glass combo be falling off a 2 story roof in the near future?
    Will you be needing to do any carpentry work soon and the only thing to hand is the S&B?

I'm guessing possibly ... no.

Save your hard earned and look at the Vortex range. You're sticking it on a prone target gun. I've watched people blazing away with £60 worth of air gun scope on 300 WM's on Stix and they hit the target with disgustingly boring regularity.
    I'm not poking fun mate, the S&B is a terrific scope, it's just that there are plenty of others out there that offer the same degree of "day" use for a fraction of the cost. I sell them and I always grimace when I see somebody that's been sold a Ferrari to do the sunday "We're out of milk" run. It's unfair on you. Please feel free to PM me if you've got any questions
    im not getting a vortex... And tbh looking at Schmidt and benders warrenty I dowt il get one of them either.. £2500 for a 2 year warrenty... Not a chance. I guess nightforce atacr it is then. 10 year is better than the two!

Have a look at Sightron SIIISS as well... The 6-24x50 is a cracking scope http://www.aimfieldsports.com/sightron-store-15-c.asp

Lifetime warranty as well I believe
    Last edited by I. Farticus; 03-12-2014 at 08:23.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)