Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If it can go wrong. It will

If it can go wrong. It will

So after months of preparation , tomorrow is the day we are off to Aschaffenburg to hunt driven boar.
    Woke this morning to find Lufthansa pilots were on strike. !!!! ,

i was working on an MOD site with no phones allowed ,I left it with the other guys who were going to arrange other flights.
    I checked in at lunchtime to see what they had got. The only thing was a BA flight but it was another 250 , I was too far in now to pull out so they confirmed they would take firearms and booked it with one gun . With the provision that after work at 4 pm we would check in with makes and serial numbers etc of the other 2 travelling.

called back at 4.10 to be told that they WOULD NOT ALLOW firearms to be loaded. Despite talking on to them for over an hr Jim got nowhere with the guy. , he would not transfer him to anybody else or refund our money. Despite us saying that we would not have booked if they had not confirmed that we could travel without our guns

so we are away tomorrow without our guns ( the agent trying to source us some as I type ).

What a nightmare.BA must mean Bunch of Ar@#h@les.

You should look at BA web site. It clearly states the terms (which are perfectly sensible and simple) in which they WILL carry firearms and ammo on their flights.
    This is the page I looked at. http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...d-restrictions
    The only problem I see is you should give 72 hours notice. However I'm sure they could sort that out and if not should not have taken your booking.
    Hope you get things sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    You should look at BA web site. It clearly states the terms (which are perfectly sensible and simple) in which they WILL carry firearms and ammo on their flights.
    This is the page I looked at. http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...d-restrictions
    The only problem I see is you should give 72 hours notice. However I'm sure they could sort that out and if not should not have taken your booking.
    Hope you get things sorted.
    yes. But as we called before booking and explained the situation , and the person saying they would take them , otherwise we would have made another arrangement.

What I'm saying S_S is that you should get back on the phone and hopefully speak to some one different. They DO take firearms and ammo. Just see if they will accommodate you at what is now short notice.
    Have a look at the site than you'll have all the details when speaking to them.
    I am trying to help not criticize.

Sorry mate. We were still on the phone upto 30 mins ago , going round in circles. They said turn up at the gate with the guns and they MAY let you on with them. ������. We said that is no good. We need a definitive yes or no , only to be told its the best they can do

I understand your stress. Nobody wants to be stuck in an airport with a load of rifles. Hope you get sorted. Doesn't put BA in a good light. I'll think twice about using them in the future.

Not trying to make it any worse.
    But when we flew to Scotland this year with BA the charges were ridiculous for the rifle and ammo box
    50 each plus a 30 handling charge each way.
    It didn't state any handling charge on the website and that was also checked over the phone with two separate people, they said it was 50 instead at the airport we were charged 130
    ATB with your trip Matt

Says 50 each way for admin costs on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Says 50 each way for admin costs on the web.
    We have given up. They are not for budging. I think their stance is you can ask 5 different people and get 5 different answers. But these will all change within the next hour
    Last edited by Scots_stalker; 01-12-2014 at 22:15.