Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Apel rings

  1. #1

    Apel rings

    looking for a set of Apel rings.

    im tied to my scope at the moment because its claw mount, so im looking for a set of Apel rings so i can change my scope on my .243 rifle.

    WHY?

  2. #2
    Have a look on here, all kinds of old stuff which may be of use!
    http://www.emmacustomrifles.co.uk/mounts_rings.htm
    MS

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by goldypurple View Post
    looking for a set of Apel rings.

    im tied to my scope at the moment because its claw mount, so im looking for a set of Apel rings so i can change my scope on my .243 rifle.

    WHY?
    explain further, are you looking to get rid of the clawmounts? what rifle is it on, where are the current clawmounts positioned, for rail, objective ring, etc. what exactly are you looking for and with what mounting specs?

    also, alan rhone is the chap to speak to as he imports EAW, Recknagel and Ziegler.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    explain further, are you looking to get rid of the clawmounts? what rifle is it on, where are the current clawmounts positioned, for rail, objective ring, etc. what exactly are you looking for and with what mounting specs?

    also, alan rhone is the chap to speak to as he imports EAW, Recknagel and Ziegler.
    At the moment i have Apel bases and mounts that are claw mounts, in which my 6x42 S&B mounts as my scope is claw mount. Rifle is a Winchester Mod 70.

    What i want to do is change my scope for another but i will require rings to replace the claw mounts, does this help?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by goldypurple View Post
    At the moment i have Apel bases and mounts that are claw mounts, in which my 6x42 S&B mounts as my scope is claw mount. Rifle is a Winchester Mod 70.

    What i want to do is change my scope for another but i will require rings to replace the claw mounts, does this help?
    are you looking for rings that are also clawmounts and will fit into the existing bases? if so, you need to think about where the front clawmount base is positioned, if it's on the barrel then a longer scope will need to have a matching objective bell ring that sits perfectly above and it needs to match your eye relief with that scope too. if it is on the front receiver ring and it's a rail mount now, then you will need a rail mount with the next scope as otherwise it will be too long to 'tip' off forwards, ie, the objective bell will hit the barrel before the mount can come out.

    pictures would help!

  6. #6
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1113.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	50117

    heres a pic

  7. #7
    You need keep bases on your rifle and just buy EAW QD Rings: 1'' or 30mm. I usually sell 1'' for 70GBP and 30mm for 130GBP.

  8. #8
    Be careful - don't just buy any rings.

    The 'feet' are usually specific to the action type.

    I have gone through agonies trying to sort out a set of apel mounts/rings that I inherited when I bought a rifle.

    Clearly very well made, but incredibly over engineered and unnecessarily complicated. If I could find a way to do away with them I would.

  9. #9
    ''incredibly over engineered and unnecessarily complicated''
    Thanks God in Germany and in Europe people know how to use EAW mounts.

  10. #10
    I have a set appel mounts in 30mm......bases +rings...if you are interested ,I will send you pics
    thanks
    galin

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted 30mm Apel rings
    By white van man in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 20:41
  2. 1 in rings for Apel bases
    By Mungo in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 18:27
  3. For Sale Apel 34mm Rings and Mounts
    By tartinjock in forum Optics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 21:26
  4. For Sale apel pivot mounts and rings
    By toad in forum Optics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 16:45
  5. 34mm rings 3 sets 2 apel.
    By zaitsev in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-05-2009, 16:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •