Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just an observation

Just an observation

Just an observation, for which I will probably be shot down in flames, a member of this forum has
    Very kindly started a free draw with a prize to the value I believe of £200

No problem with that and well done the contributor.

When I looked there were almost 200 people who had entered, that's more than have (or had until recently) joined the supporters scheme and I find that sad.

I am just an ordinary member with no connection to admin, but come on guys for 50 pence a week
    you have the chance to contribute to something worth while, and still have the chance to win a prize.

No I have not entered this free draw , after the above observation it would be rather hypocritical.

I am a supporter.
    I have also entered the above competition.

I think it's for the individual to decide whether to take out a subscription to support the SD or not. I Don't think tit is right and proper to criticise others for not taking out a subscription.

Maybe some people feel there is no need to charge for the site, some do. Since supporting the site is a voluntary option, it should be a non-issue. IMO highlighting issues like this can establish a hazy devide between "us" and "them".

I noticed the very same thing myself.... But thought better than to comment!! Well done for highlighting!! But as has been said each to ther own and if we all agreed the world would be a very boring place!!

If my MOvember 2014 post (http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...769#post883769) had raised as little as £5 from the 200 responses to this free draw (as good as it is, and I'm 1. not knocking Mark for offering it, and 2. am not a hypocrite as I DID stick my name in the hat) Stalking Directory would have been directly responsible for raising £1000 minimum for men's health issues...

I'm not going to get chippy about this as there have been 1/2 dozen folks that HAVE kindly donated - including a couple of the Admins - but it does show that society is changing, and it's less about others sometimes which I find really sad.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I'm not going to get chippy about this as there have been 1/2 dozen folks that HAVE kindly donated - including a couple of the Admins - but it does show that society is changing, and it's less about others sometimes which I find really sad.
    just because people haven't donated to you doesn't mean they haven't already given somewhere else, it doesn't really show society is changing unless overall takings for the 'movember thing' are down.....

ps, i fall into the above

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    just because people haven't donated to you doesn't mean they haven't already given somewhere else, it doesn't really show society is changing unless overall takings for the 'movember thing' are down.....

3x the views, 10x the comments (most of which were me "bumping" away giving updates)... I humbly disagree. I think that society IS changing, and whilst I agree that some folks may have given at the office (thank you btw), I suspect that most haven't even read the post as it's of no interest to them.

Such is life
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Just an observation, for which I will probably be shot down in flames, a member of this forum has
    Very kindly started a free draw with a prize to the value I believe of £200

No problem with that and well done the contributor.

When I looked there were almost 200 people who had entered, that's more than have (or had until recently) joined the supporters scheme and I find that sad.

I am just an ordinary member with no connection to admin, but come on guys for 50 pence a week
    you have the chance to contribute to something worth while, and still have the chance to win a prize.

No I have not entered this free draw , after the above observation it would be rather hypocritical.
    Good post, however I am not a supporter member as I am directly mentoring/helping 3 stalking beginners at the moment, and I choose to do my charity donations privately .so I feel I am doing my bit thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post

I agree. It's been a very expensive few weeks for a lot of folk, especially so near to xmas. Children in need, Poppy Day, Stand up to Cancer, Movember, Band Aid, flipflop Schofield's Text Santa, brick-carrying donkies, salvation army, Oxfam, save the tigers etc etc, the list goes on at this time of year, someone out to scrape the last morsels from your pay packet. I for one have donated to several various charities including local charities over the past few weeks and its nice to have the chance to take a little back for a change. We had a similar moan from a member of staff in our office that wasn't happy that she'd only raised £1000 for Children in Need when there are 530 people in the office. I thought this was an amazing amount of money and congratulated her on the fact, but she failed to understand how this was a decent amount when it worked out at less than £2 per person. People forget that charity starts at home and you cannot always know the pressures that other people are under outside of work, or whether they have donated elsewhere. I'm afraid the more people moan the less likely I am to give to the next cause which I think is true for most people. As I said, a very nice gesture to Mark for offering the prize, and I for one would be grateful of the chance. Merry Christmas to all

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Good post, however I am not a supporter member as I am directly mentoring/helping 3 stalking beginners at the moment, and I choose to do my charity donations privately .so I feel I am doing my bit thanks
    Well said.......

not all of us have to/like to publicise our charitable acions.........and no one has the right to judge,just because some chose not to support this site doesnt mean to say they arent doing there bit.....