Thread: Poaching or Not ?

Poaching or Not ?

Hi,

I was wondering around my 10 acres of young ferns yesterday and notice a handful of pins lying upon the ground.

No signs of blood trace or and thing else. They were all the same length and from a red deer that pass through.

There is a lot of deer movement and I am wondering if this is a case of parranioa or if it is a case of a hind pushing off a yearling or not? Sorry no pics, but looked very similar to pins after a bullet strike.

Thoughts please.

ArthursC

Not just moulting Aurthur the roes here are leaving hair all over the place.
    Neil

I have a few in a paddock and they frequently have disagreements. This normally ends in one snapping at another which frequently leads to a mouthful of hair being removed. I would imagine that this is what you have found.

Grant
    Last edited by howa243; 08-03-2010 at 21:37.

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    I have a few in a paddock and they frequently have disagreements. This normally ends in one snapping at another which frequently leads to a mouthful of hair being removed. I would imagine that this is what you have found.

Grant
    +1
    I also look after a small herd of red deer in an enclosure 15 hinds in all I feed them during the lean months when theres little or no growth,and they quite often hassle each other for the best of the feed, pretty often tufts of hair are removed as has already been said usually snapping at each other normal behaviour, not much for you to worry about hopefully

Hightower,
    what the **** is that suppose to mean!