strange creature

berniebear

Who's seen this strange creature
I dont mean whilst out shooting I mean in the gun shop, normally found leaning on the counter of the local gunshop on a saturday morning, normally a strange looking beast with a flat cap a skeet vest in the summer (complete with every badge you can think of) or in the winter a realtree jacket they normally have their own coffee mug in the shop but dont actually work there.
Their normally the first to jump in with advice when talking to the shop owner and like to handle every gun in the shop but never actually buy anything.
I've seen these creature's in all the local shops but was wondering if there wide spread you can normally hear them around dusk making a noise which sounds like "ooow you dont want them I always use ballistictip" or "ive shot ducks with 8's since i was 5yrs old).
If anyones spotted any of these it would be good to hear as im sure we all know one!

I spotted one in Anderson's with not only a skeet vest full of signage but with his NRA Range Conducting Officer badge around his neck!

Very sad.

K

A very troublesome pest. Need to be culled swiftly and relentlessly to prevent establishment.

I pity the shop owners who have a serious infestation.

Its not just northants then, I only put the thread up as a bit of banter but I really think some gunshop owners have the patience of saints to put up with them!

If not nipped in the bud - they can become even more troublesome.

I grew up with one, and he always found a way to insert himself in the "grip and grin" trophy picture with the successful party. When he became bolder, he eventually was able to get a picture of himself holding your game. From there, I actually caught him showing his photo album of "his" trophies to others at the gun counter. At this point, he is probably decorating his walls with antlers purchased off of eBay.

Love to say this was our local one as I could look at her badges all day
View attachment 49918

Never get creatures like that in Towers Of Rochdale, the ones we get there are usually old, fat, wrinkly, covered in tattoos or full ex-army camo outfits and with faces hidden by big bushy untrimmed beards! :(
If you should spot the above photographed creature (Or any that look vaguely similar) please send them to us and we will arrange a very substancial discount for whatever service they would like!:rofl:

We have a couple of these that frequent our shop at times which myself and my manager have banned a certain one several time but he still turns up like a bad penny and acts like nothing has happened oblivious to it, One time I chased him out of the shop and down the street but he still came back.

We have them in Germany as well.They are really a pest.I know what I am talking about as I am working in a gunshop.I try to ignore them and put salt in their coffees.

Back