Bipods at an eye watering price!

No thanks. Too 'bitty' for me. I have a genuine TRG bipod that makes this price look cheap, but it's far better designed, this one looks like mechano to me

‎Clearly for stalkers who wish to 'engage' deer as the enemy. **

K
"The Sierra 7 bipod was designed to give the modern sniper, who is employing larger caliber more accurate rifles, a suitable support. The concept was developed by Daniel Horner who is a very experienced, top level competitive shooter as well as a being an active duty Soldier. Daniel listened to snipers from every facet of the Army and Department of Defence to find what they needed in a bipod. He used that information to build a bipod that met those needs exactly"
Not exacly designed for the average stalker though is it?

whatever's wrong with the day/roe sack and a good shooting technique...

Or even the mast of a sinking fishing boat for that matter!
Who needs a bipod?
th

I have just put my Remington 700 into an AICS stock. I have a couple of Harris bipods that will attach to the Sling attachment but Im keen to use these lighter models on my vermin guns.

Someone on here mentioned the quality of a probably Chinese Versa-pod, Parker Hale type bi-pod on eBay.

Did a bit of digging and ended up buying one over the weekend that was posted from Manchester on Royal Mail tracked 48 hour service.

Blimey its a solid bit of kit! I will compare it to the genuine Versa-pod I have on my .223 tonight but first impression is its every bit as well built if not a bit more industrial! I cannot say its an actual clone but certainly took inspiration from the better known brands.

The item that has come to me would have been around £200 if it bore either of the above names but all in delivered was £15!

Im going to try very hard to break it! Let you know how I get on.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418129203.248949.jpg

Last edited:
"Genuine Versa-Pod" LOL

Most of the Versa-Pod models are made in China. Matter of fac the first versions, copies of the P-H, were all made in China. Only the newest versions (refined P-H), are made in the US and the prices have risen significantly. If you have a Versa-Pod it is more than probable a chinese product.

SS

Send me the link for this. I fancied a Versa Pod but didn't want to pay that price. For £15 I'll take the gamble!

I have just put my Remington 700 into an AICS stock. I have a couple of Harris bipods that will attach to the Sling attachment but Im keen to use these lighter models on my vermin guns.

Someone on here mentioned the quality of a probably Chinese Versa-pod, Parker Hale type bi-pod on eBay.

Did a bit of digging and ended up buying one over the weekend that was posted from Manchester on Royal Mail tracked 48 hour service.

Blimey its a solid bit of kit! I will compare it to the genuine Versa-pod I have on my .223 tonight but first impression is its every bit as well built if not a bit more industrial! I cannot say its an actual clone but certainly took inspiration from the better known brands.

The item that has come to me would have been around £200 if it bore either of the above names but all in delivered was £15!

Im going to try very hard to break it! Let you know how I get on.View attachment 50168

"Genuine Versa-Pod" LOL

Most of the Versa-Pod models are made in China. Matter of fac the first versions, copies of the P-H, were all made in China. Only the newest versions (refined P-H), are made in the US and the prices have risen significantly. If you have a Versa-Pod it is more than probable a chinese product.

SS

I suspect someone didn't guard their tooling very well. There is an oval where the versa pod logo sticker would go. Looking at the versa pod mk1 on line there is a cross head where I have a flat head screw.

Really I have bought a knock off of a knock off. Somehow that legitimises my purchase!

Ive got an AI approved Ares Airsoft AICS stock complete coming with there version of the AI bipod the ones Ive seen are fairly solid (plenty for rimfire anyway)

should be interesting to see how well it holds up

ive also got an original old school L96 Bipod but cant get a Fitting for it

Last edited:
Vertebrae versa-pod bipod mount on eBay. £56.98 plus postage.

Seeing you Sunday at Port Regis FGYT?

I had 2 malfunctions last week so haven't got to doing the trigger on the CZ but haven't forgotten you.

Ive also got a rem 700 in aics stock, will this bipod plug straight in or will I need the AI spigot thingy? Whats your overall impression of the thing? do you think its up to the rigours of a bit of stalking then?

cheers

Al

Back