A Consultation on the future of Land Reform in Scotland

Barkingsnake

So as to avoid "burying bad news" I've posted this from my contribution to http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co....d-it-s-Impact-On-Stalking-and-the-countryside

The Scottish Government is asking for inputs to its consulation on Land Reform. The survey is accessed from the bottom of the page connected to the link below.

https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/land-reform-and-tenancy-unit/land-reform-scotland/

The previous consulations appear to have only had a few hundred responses and I believe that we ought to each contribute to the debate.

This might be futile (in the opinions of some) but it's better in my book to try and influence the outcome rather than lie back and moan about it afterwards.

I've completed the survey: it's not that simely faced and I used the phrases "This is state controlled compulsory social engineering." and "It is unnecessary and not required, even if it could be legal." quite a lot!

Note also that: Every natural or legal person is entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of his possessions.
[url]http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/en/Treaties/html/009.htm[/URL]

Protocol to the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms as amended by Protocol No. 11
Article 1 – Protection of property
Every natural or legal person is entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of his possessions. No one shall be deprived of his possessions except in the public interest and subject to the conditions provided for by law and by the general principles of international law.
The preceding provisions shall not, however, in any way impair the right of a State to enforce such laws as it deems necessary to control the use of property in accordance with the general interest or to secure the payment of taxes or other contributions or penalties.

Every natural or legal person is entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of his possessions. No one shall be deprived of his possessions except in the public interest and subject to the conditions provided for by law and by the general principles of international law.
The preceding provisions shall not, however, in any way impair the right of a State to enforce such laws as it deems necessary to control the use of property in accordance with the general interest or to secure the payment of taxes or other contributions or penalties.

problem is the nutters seeking to impose the land reforms would probably argue that they are ​in the public interest.

Possibly but doing nothing will make that a certainty. I don't believe most of us are "toffs" and by responding their assertions of Landed Gentry might be rebuffed to some degree.

I don't disagree, it can't hurt to try. However as with all public consultations whether they take any notice of the result...........

I don't think they have been very forthcoming about this consultation.Maybe bds / basc etc should have made us aware.
My local bds secretary sent a link (thanks Dave) but how many folk are in the dark about this.
It's a bit like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy book where planning permission was posted on another planet.

Back