Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quantity authorised to be possessed

Quantity authorised to be possessed

I have a question.

On my certificate I have the following as authorised to be possessed at any one time:
    7.62/308 Exp Missile 250
    7.62/308 Exp 250
    7.62/308 250

Does this mean I can possess 250 Exp missiles plus 250 assembled cartridges with expanding bullets plus 250 assembled cartridges with non-expanding bullets?
    CH

On my FAC that would mean 750 bullets inclusive whether loaded or not

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
    I have a question.

On my certificate I have the following as authorised to be possessed at any one time:
    7.62/308 Exp Missile 250
    7.62/308 Exp 250
    7.62/308 250

Does this mean I can possess 250 Exp missiles plus 250 assembled cartridges with expanding bullets plus 250 assembled cartridges with non-expanding bullets?
    CH
    I think that your interpretation is correct. However it is ambiguous and open to other interpretations. Worth a call to the licensing unit to confirm.
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

Sounds like someone has thrown the guidelines book out the window again.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Certainly seem like an odd way to do it. What allowances did you apply for?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
    I have a question.

7.62/308 Exp Missile 250
    7.62/308 Exp 250
    7.62/308 250

CH
    Think you're right, but what did you ask for on application?

I asked for my allowance to be increased from 120 to 250 as I wanted to start handloading. I expected to see an authorisation for a total of 250 expanding whether assembled or not. This was about 8 months ago and I haven't exceeded a total of 250 just in case. I think an email to the local FLD is in order.
    CH

Blog Entries
    That looks like a cock up.

On my ticket I have (a number of rounds) exp.

That's it. I can hold that many assembled rounds including expanding missiles.

Interesting on this latest certificate they have done away with the number I am authorised to purchase. I have to police the number I hold. Thought that made good sense.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Essex do appear to have gone about it in a convoluted way as you've now got authority for a total of 750 completed rounds and expanding bullets on their own!

The latest HO Guidance does now include a section on the requirements of Homeloaders and how it affects ammunition allowances and the possiblity of separate entries for complete rounds and expanding bullets:

13.90 It is clear that there are circumstances where home loaders may need to acquire increased quantities of expanding bullets. This can be achieved by authorising a further allocation of expanding missiles separately to the ammunition already authorised. This will allow missiles (bullets) to be held independently from ammunition and allow flexibility where different types and weights of bullet are required.