Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How often ????

How often ????

Hi folks, do any of you know how often a dog should be trained using the tracking shoes, once a month ?

Not the breed at all,it is about the individual dog within that individually bred litter.....
    Every dog of every breed will get bored by an artificially laid track every day.
    Some dogs progress at different speeds exactly the same as humans.

Now that post of mine will look out of place......
    Cookingfat wrote before my post above that it is dependant on breed,some breeds have the zest for tracking every day-which is not correct......
    Last edited by Wolverine; 07-12-2014 at 09:02.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Has this thread had a hoover over it ??
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Hahahaha-just a small one Jimmy

Cervus I lay a track for Ria around once a fortnight now. When I first started training her she was twice a week and came on leaps and bounds .Like Wolfy says they start to get bored with that and its time as a dog man to recognise when to back off and let the dog cool for a while.Start off as Jagare says and see how your dog performs

Exactly Davie

Discretion assured

or find us on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Not the breed at all,it is about the individual dog within that individually bred litter.....
    Every dog of every breed will get bored by an artificially laid track every day.
    Some dogs progress at different speeds exactly the same as humans.

Now that post of mine will look out of place......
    Cookingfat wrote before my post above that it is dependant on breed,some breeds have the zest for tracking every day-which is not correct......
    You got that wrong George but never mind,
    i deleted my post because I have no wish to get into a pissing contest on how to train,
    saying to completely different things can only be confusing to the person who asked.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

No pissing contest Tony at all.....its fact.
    Try training ANY breed from ANY litter every day(as some recommend)-then you are setting your dog and yourself up for failure......
    Davies post is 1000% correct.

Every dog is different-THERE ARE ZERO HARD AND FAST RULES-even within breeds-to say otherwise shows a complete lack of understanding of dogs and "track training",training a dog to track is not hard,it is made much harder when people who do not know how to train are giving out advice-at cost of course,we at UKSHA give free advice to all,including members of UKDTR,certain dogs within the fold were trained by us,so no pissing contest-just cold hard fact......

Discretion assured

or find us on facebook

As I said Bud,
    not even going to bother only leads to confusion to those who are asking.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service