Thread: hornady 125 sst load data in 308

hornady 125 sst load data in 308

Hi Guys

im picking up some of these in the next couple of days (125 sst in 308), ive got some laupa cases and N135 powder can anyone recommend a receipe ??

i used to load 125 grain nosler ballastic tips in 308 with 46 grains of N135 powder, at 2.806 Oal.

can anyone recommend or that uses 125 sst in 308 with N135 powder, tell me there load please

ATB

Dave

good morning Dave, Using N135 , lapua cases and 125 SST bulets your MAXIMUM LOAD is going to be 49 grains. I do stress that this is maximum and quite compressed ( 112% case fill) and will give 3000 fps and change from a 23 inc barrel , as always reduce load by 10% and increase slowly paying attention to pressure signs. We have always used N133 for the 125 grain bullets as the charge is not SO compressed yet still gives us the velocities we desire at safe pressures. Yours respectfully, Mike Norris , Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

What's your thinking again Dave?
    You need a change of tag to Zebedee...lol

Quote Originally Posted by brock and norris View Post
    good morning Dave, Using N135 , lapua cases and 125 SST bulets your MAXIMUM LOAD is going to be 49 grains. I do stress that this is maximum and quite compressed ( 112% case fill) and will give 3000 fps and change from a 23 inc barrel , as always reduce load by 10% and increase slowly paying attention to pressure signs. We have always used N133 for the 125 grain bullets as the charge is not SO compressed yet still gives us the velocities we desire at safe pressures. Yours respectfully, Mike Norris , Brock and Norris Custom Rifles
    Is this observational? Or have you got some pressure data available to you? It always bugs me that VV doesn't list pressure data with their loads. The balance of pressure and velocity has always been a factor in powder selection for me.~Muir

(Not that Vhit V powders are lining our Trading Post shelves....)

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Is this observational? Or have you got some pressure data available to you? It always bugs me that VV doesn't list pressure data with their loads. The balance of pressure and velocity has always been a factor in powder selection for me.~Muir

(Not that Vhit V powders are lining our Trading Post shelves....)
    Good morning Muir, this data was obtained from one of our own rifles . using an oehler 35p chronograph and measuring case head expansion to ensure everything was within safe limits. We normally run data through quickoad then verify over the chrono and measure case head expansion . All our load data is held to 300 bar below maximum operating pressure to ensure safe functioning in all climatic conditions. I agree it would be beneficial to have pressure data from Vihtavouri , a lot of manuals don't . Hornady, Nosler, Barnes don't publish pressure values in their data, so we run up our loads as described above. Yours respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles