Thread: Minox scope views

Minox scope views

Hi, all. I've just acquired a Minox ZE5i 3-15x56. It's a 30mm tube, illuminated center dot. Any one got one? What do you think about them?

Quote Originally Posted by iain b View Post
    Hi, all. I've just acquired a Minox ZE5i 3-15x56. It's a 30mm tube, illuminated center dot. Any one got one? What do you think about them?
    What does it matter what people think ? You've just bought it, go enjoy using it.

Regards

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    What does it matter what people think ? You've just bought it, go enjoy using it.

Regards

Ed
    because I'm not sure what rifle to put it on. Was going to put it on a .17hmr but, when I saw it in the flesh its much too nice to go on a rimfire. So now got to make a choice. 7-08 or .223 rifle. Was hoping some one has one and what it's on.

It will work equally well on any of those rifles. I have a minox zv3 3-9x40 on my 270. It's a great scope aside from the water that's made its way inside - contacted Minox Germany and they said to send it to them for repair (good customer service).

We use a ZE5i ( or whichever order you put the 'i' ) 2-10x50 on one of the course rifles. I think I posted about it previously; but typically can't find the thread

Definitely not the old US ZA series scope in anyway, aside from being Minox. Sad, lonely guy that I am, I'm still impressed with the flippin packing case the ZE's come in; tempering my disappointment that someone hadn't sent me an expensive bottle of vintage port.

Scope wise, it continues to perform very well indeed - no issues at all across three rifles now and countless dozens of users.

On a strictly personal basis, I'm still not personally switched on by variables - but the main players dont seem willing to start relisting a good 6x42/8x50 just because 'andy asked' ( and I have asked... lots ). I really love the reticule in the ZE5, again personally I can live without illumination and if that went so would the dot in the centre cross hair that detracts from said reticule. I love it as is, but would be besotted if it was 'clean'.

The optical quality is first rate. I'll let you know if we manage to break it Thus far only managed to twist apart one of the turret caps, fixed in 30 seconds with Evostick.

For clarity, you'll note on the signature we are supported by Sauer - who have an interest in Minox. We got our ZE5 before that came to be - either Sauer support or Sauer/Minox deal. The other Sauers we have under the support arrangement currently sport Swarovski and Zeiss glass.

As to which rifle - really your call. Depending on your use, think you'll be pleased on either.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017