Minox scope views

iain b

Hi, all. I've just acquired a Minox ZE5i 3-15x56. It's a 30mm tube, illuminated center dot. Any one got one? What do you think about them?

Hi, all. I've just acquired a Minox ZE5i 3-15x56. It's a 30mm tube, illuminated center dot. Any one got one? What do you think about them?

What does it matter what people think ? You've just bought it, go enjoy using it.

Regards

Ed

What does it matter what people think ? You've just bought it, go enjoy using it.

Regards

Ed
because I'm not sure what rifle to put it on. Was going to put it on a .17hmr but, when I saw it in the flesh its much too nice to go on a rimfire. So now got to make a choice. 7-08 or .223 rifle. Was hoping some one has one and what it's on.

It will work equally well on any of those rifles. I have a minox zv3 3-9x40 on my 270. It's a great scope aside from the water that's made its way inside - contacted Minox Germany and they said to send it to them for repair (good customer service).

We use a ZE5i ( or whichever order you put the 'i' ) 2-10x50 on one of the course rifles. I think I posted about it previously; but typically can't find the thread :doh:

Definitely not the old US ZA series scope in anyway, aside from being Minox. Sad, lonely guy that I am, I'm still impressed with the flippin packing case the ZE's come in; tempering my disappointment that someone hadn't sent me an expensive bottle of vintage port.

Scope wise, it continues to perform very well indeed - no issues at all across three rifles now and countless dozens of users.

On a strictly personal basis, I'm still not personally switched on by variables - but the main players dont seem willing to start relisting a good 6x42/8x50 just because 'andy asked' ( and I have asked... lots ). I really love the reticule in the ZE5, again personally I can live without illumination and if that went so would the dot in the centre cross hair that detracts from said reticule. I love it as is, but would be besotted if it was 'clean'.

The optical quality is first rate. I'll let you know if we manage to break it ;) Thus far only managed to twist apart one of the turret caps, fixed in 30 seconds with Evostick.

For clarity, you'll note on the signature we are supported by Sauer - who have an interest in Minox. We got our ZE5 before that came to be - either Sauer support or Sauer/Minox deal. The other Sauers we have under the support arrangement currently sport Swarovski and Zeiss glass.

As to which rifle - really your call. Depending on your use, think you'll be pleased on either.

Back