Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington Recall Again!!!

Remington Recall Again!!!

Just reading this on the internet this morning...A New Remington Recall!!!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...el-700-rifles/

Could this break Remington?
    Last edited by chocky14u; 06-12-2014 at 10:25.
    Remington 700 VLS .223rem, ASE Utra SL5, Timney Calvin Elite Trigger
    Sako 75 Stainless Synthetic .308win, Wildcat Mod.
    Howa M-1500 .243win Wildcat Mod, Timney Trigger, Bell and Carlson Stock
    6.5x47Lapua, Valkyrie Valhalla.
    Ruger 10/22 Stainless .22lr, Sako Mod, Hogue Stock

'All Model 700's made since 1962.' Wow! The 700 Trigger issue has been simmering in the States for some time.

That will hurt them.

I noted they are also having to recall a bunch of Model 887 Pump Shotguns too.

Yorkie.

The last decent rifles Remington made were the 721 and 722 series. The 600s, 788s, and 700's are all budget-built guns. The only thing that changes is the degree of polish. The term "agricultural" gets used as a firearms description here. Remingtons, generally, don't even rate that. They have always been mechanically troublesome and this is just another example of it.~Muir

Why can they not describe the "Fault" completely?.... excess bonding agent my arse!......... what, did they gluestick the metal parts together or what?...... My Remmies are O.K., pass the drop test O.K.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I've got an old 725 in 30-06 , it's a great rifle . To be honest , I've owned a number of 700's and never had a problem , granted they were all older models . My brother has my old 700 BDL in 350 RM , it was made in 72 and hasn't missed a beat in over 40 years . They aren't an overly fancy rifle , agricultural is a good description lol , but they worked well enough for me .

AB

They are a good work horse, every make of rifle has issues. I have had rifles costing three times the price of a 700 giving me more problems. Did these rifle manufacturers do a recall no they didn't. Are these problems still occurring? Yes they are. Ok it's slightly annoying that Remington won't say what the actual problem is but the important thing is they are trying to resolve it.

Al

I would not be surprised to see Remington Rifles increase in price to pay for this massive recall, question is will new customers be put off the brand?

You are more likely to be injured by .17HMR ammunition than a Remmy trigger.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    You are more likely to be injured by .17HMR ammunition than a Remmy trigger.

dunno i nearly killed someone when i chucked mine....

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    They are a good work horse, every make of rifle has issues. I have had rifles costing three times the price of a 700 giving me more problems. Did these rifle manufacturers do a recall no they didn't. Are these problems still occurring? Yes they are. Ok it's slightly annoying that Remington won't say what the actual problem is but the important thing is they are trying to resolve it.

Al
    Following the link and reading further it has been claimed that the gun can fire when the safety is released with a cartridge chambered, and this is necessary to unload the gun.