Muntjac

tom

I am based in east devon and would be intrested to find out the spread of muntjac and sika in to this part of the world ,does anybody know how far they have come ?

I don't know about sika but I've seen a muntjac from the train as it left Tiverton Parkway.

Not seen any on the familly farm in Devon yet, down near the Exe Estuary/Starcross.

We have plenty of roe and fallow though. Most of the fallow from Powderham.

At home in Sussex I have seen a muntie in my garden, we are juts 8 miles north of Brighton.

Reports have started coming in of Muntjac appearing near the Teign estuary, not seen any myself yet, plenty of Roe though. I cant see Sika getting down here for a while due to geographical problems. Cheers and good shooting.

That is intresting that there are munties the other side of the river to me ,they must have reached exeter and decided to go right like the brummies ,towards dawlish !

tom said:
That is intresting that there are munties the other side of the river to me ,they must have reached exeter and decided to go right like the brummies ,towards dawlish !

Will be interesting to see if they turn up on my ground there, Muntjack not the brummies. Bice to have 3 deer species on the farm!

Jerry

Hi
Interesting to see Muntjack are speading in the south, but just how far north have they got in any numbers!
I hear reports of north cheshire but as any of the guys on the site taken Munties in the south Lancashire area yet ?

Smithy

not seen any around north staffordshire but they are in south staffs i know of odd ones being spotted over the years but they have not exploded,and you lot keep on about places in devon im ready to pack the car for a fornight but i have to wait untill july,you live a lovely part of the country i cant wait to get down there.

Back