Thread: Note to self!

Note to self!

Why the hell do you leave the tools at home, ... Just when you need em', A wandering p.o.i. got explained this morning, Shot the new barrel in at Llansillin ranges a fortnight ago, got a few groups with differing loads, with some unexplained p.o.i. movements,... fired one round 80grains Ramshot magnum this morning at Sealand,round went within an inch of intended fall of shot,But the scope detached in quite a violent manner, the scope cover hinge pin popped a neat hole dead centre my forehead, note to self, always check fixtures and fittings when work has been carried out away from home, Scrounged up some tools (from a guy who did not leave his stuff at home) ... re fitted scope & got some fixed groups,will be upping the charge weight a bit for the next lot, torqued up the screws & loc- tited them.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Why the hell do you leave the tools at home, ... Just when you need em', A wandering p.o.i. got explained this morning, Shot the new barrel in at Llansillin ranges a fortnight ago, got a few groups with differing loads, with some unexplained p.o.i. movements,... fired one round 80grains Ramshot magnum this morning at Sealand,round went within an inch of intended fall of shot,But the scope detached in quite a violent manner, the scope cover hinge pin popped a neat hole dead centre my forehead, note to self, always check fixtures and fittings when work has been carried out away from home, Scrounged up some tools (from a guy who did not leave his stuff at home) ... re fitted scope & got some fixed groups,will be upping the charge weight a bit for the next lot, torqued up the screws & loc- tited them.
    If you'd listened carefully at the time you'd have heard the echos of profanities uttered the last time I'd been there and done that! ~Muir