Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carcase Tray from Homebase

Carcase Tray from Homebase

Homebase have cement mixing trays made from a tough, rubbery plastic for 18. With a grid in the bottom they would make great carcase trays. Grids are easily made from the bottom of a bread tray.

Unless they have changed them from two years ago they are very prone to crack. Mine went the first time I used it.

I have since replaced it with an altogether tougher (and slightly larger) polyethylene plasterers bath from Toolstation which was around 30.

Alan

ps forgot to add that the toolstation one is white which makes it much easier to see where you missed when you are cleaning it! .... and they are free delivery!
    Last edited by Alantoo; 06-12-2014 at 18:51.

Get hold of an old wheelie bin and cut down to size.....

How does a welli bin work, photos please.

Will get some pics together in daylight tomorrow but basically....get a commercial waste bin (770 litre) like Biffa bins at the back of shops and pubs etc,remove wheels and cut down to height required say six inches or so,then use a piece of offcut to drill large holes in and lay in bottom as grid.......

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Will get some pics together in daylight tomorrow but basically....get a commercial waste bin (770 litre) like Biffa bins at the back of shops and pubs etc,remove wheels and cut down to height required say six inches or so,then use a piece of offcut to drill large holes in and lay in bottom as grid.......
    Sounds like a bit of a roundabout way to save 30....do you have a readily available source of cheap/free Biffa bins?...do you know what has been in them?...is there a particular advantage over new polyethylene you can cite?

Alan

Another vote for the plasterers bath. Virtually indestructible.

Bushwear have them for 15 for roe size and 30 for large size . I've had mine for years

i use a plasterers bath from tool station as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    Sounds like a bit of a roundabout way to save 30....do you have a readily available source of cheap/free Biffa bins?...do you know what has been in them?...is there a particular advantage over new polyethylene you can cite?

Alan
    have a whole sea of them outside my office so i suppose it helps,cleaned out with disinfectant and its as clean as any field or any non food grade product....